Cherokee Rose

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ten Items or Less....

...and I had 12 items. What Would YOU Do? I got in the regular line. A while ago, I was in the so-called 'speedy' checkout and the b**** in front of me had an entire basket of crap. The cashier just kept ringing her up. I was giving her my "if looks could kill" look and doing the "eye-rolling" thing and she would glance up at me once in awhile as she kept piling her crap on the checkout. I was totally pissed when it was finally my turn. I said something to the dimwit cashier like "don't you think she had a bit more than 10 items?" He just gave a lame excuse like "well, it's hard to tell sometimes exactly". Hey MORAN...her whole fucking basket was full. I admit that most employees at WalBlack can't count worth a damn anyway.

So even with my two measily items over, I stepped down to the next regular cashier.

...and now on to another WWYD....(gonna be testing your honesty here...all you churchgoing folks!)

A few days ago I did some grocery shopping at my local grocery store up at my corner. When I got to my vehicle I proceeded to put all the bags in my jeep and there on the bottom of my cart way back in the corner was an item that I apparently missed.....a $5 item. I picked it up and marched right back into the store and went to the service desk and explained that I had missed an item in my cart and still needed to pay for it. I paid and she thanked me for coming back in.

WWYD???

A month ago I was shopping at Sears and bought a bathing suit. They sell the tops and bottoms separately so you can get the correct sizing. I had a top and a bottom. The cashier looked at the tag from the top and rang it up. She gave me my total. I knew she had missed the bottom, so I asked her if she rang up the bottom. She said she thought it was a 2-piece with one price. I showed her the tag on the bottom and she thanked me for being honest and rang it up.

WWYD??

I may not go to church, but I know right from wrong. And I like to sleep with a clear conscious. Whenever somebody thanks me for being honest, I always say..."I just want to be able to sleep tonight".



2 Comments:

  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Judy said…

    Well--I once bought a pair of sneakers and a pair of longer shoe laces for them. The shoe laces were inside the shoe when I got home. I checked my recipt and noticed I hadn't been charged for the shoe laces--$1.59, so back to the store I go--4 miles--and the lady behind the service desk asked me why I had come all the way back, just for $1.59 and I told her the same thing. "So I can sleep at night AND if I'd kept them, everytime I worse the shoes I would have remembered "stealing" the laces and felt guilty, so....just as easy to be honest as it is to be dishonest.

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    Good for you!! It's nice to know there are still honest people in the world...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter