Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Finally back home!

I survived another "Cheeseburger in Caseville"! The town was crazy with people and cars for 10 days. Hubby came up by the first Friday and we went to the concert in the park and saw Marty Viers and the Music Doctors. They play every year and they are very good. They play more rock type songs like Mustang Sally, etc. And they really rocked with that Kid Rock song "All Summer Long". We sat down by the band and where the dancing is and we danced our buns off.

Saturday it rained all freakin' day.

We went to the kid's parade and they had dancing in the street the following Monday.

Wednesday was the big town parade and it was nutso. They estimated that there were around 70,000 people there!! Everybody always puts their chairs up way in advance of the parade...like the day before. Tuesday I had driven through town at 10:00 in the morning and chairs were already lined up all along the parade route. By 6:00 that evening, hubby and I put our chairs in place at the village park. The parade wasn't until 6:00 the next evening and our chairs were still sitting there right where we put them. Ya sure couldn't do that here in the Detroit area! Your chairs would be gone for sure...

Parking is a bit of a problem to say the least. We got there a couple hours before it started and got lucky that we were able to find a spot within decent walking distance from our chairs.

My son and his girlfriend, her daugher, and a cousin of her daugters came up in time for the parade. The parade lasted over 2 hours!

We spent a lot of the time on the beach riding the jet ski. I rode it once. It still scares me. Once when we were sitting on the beach, 3 guys came down and one of them plunked his young ass down on our beach chair and started talking to us. He was guessing how old we were. He guessed me at 37....HARDY-HAR-HAR!!...LOLOLOL....He was drinking obviously. Said he was 21 which I had doubts about but he had a beer so maybe he was. Then my son came over and I introduced him as my son and explained that Noelle was his girlfriend....so he got up and went back to his friends. Sorry to disappoint ya bub...

Next door to my condo there were 4 women renting. They said that it was the first time they have ever been to Caseville, but one of them looked real familiar to me. Turns out she works at my bank and is the teller I usually go to inside the bank....small world!

The last Saturday we all went to the concert in the park. After we got back home, my son comes in the cottage with my nephew. Turns out he drove up but got lost and didn't get there until later and didn't know where to find us at the concert so he bummed around in town til it was over. That was a surprise. He stayed with us at the cottage and then hung out at the beach Sunday. Sunday was the classic car show so hubby and I went to that.

Then it was the end of Cheeseburger this year.

Hubby left for home on Wednesday and I stayed through the weekend so I could visit with my godson and his new wife. They came Sunday. We went out to eat...then back to the cottage where he showed me all his wedding pictures on his laptop. They ended up getting rained out for the park wedding. So someone they knew had a big pole barn type thing so they had it there instead. It was so good to see them again. I am so happy that his life has turned out so well.

I'll be around here for a week or so....then back to the cottage for Labor Day weekend. Can't believe summer is nearly over.....WHAT SUMMER??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter