Cherokee Rose

Monday, July 20, 2009

My life in Caseville.....

Wow....I know I've been gone for quite awhile but I'm back now. I totally forgot to post a quick note letting people know that I was leaving for Caseville for awhile. I ended up staying a week longer than I had planned. I just got back tonight and I've been gone almost 3 freakin' weeks!

First it was the Fourth of July weekend. Hubby came up by that Friday and we went to the Bella Vista where our condo is to watch the fireworks off the beach. Except that it was so bleepin' cold that we ended up on the patio watching them over the trees. It felt more like Fourth of February fireworks! This summer is so pathetic, weatherwise.

Saturday we drove to Port Austin for the Farmer's Market. Then we went down to the county beach and sat on the boardwalk and watched the swimmers. Then we decided to go visit his cousin but we saw them pulling out of their driveway just as we were going to turn on their road....so we missed them.

Thursday was my birthday so we went out to eat at Shaggy J's in Pigeon. He had ribs and I had fish.

The following Saturday the Eagles Club had a Luau dinner dance going on. We were too cheap to pay the $30/couple charge so we stayed in the lounge area and ate chicken wings until we could get in for free. We still had an hour to enjoy the DJ and I did some dancing with friends. The DJ was really good. Next year, I think I'll spring for the whole thing.

Then after the DJ left, we all went into the lounge and drank more beer. We both ended up pretty tipsy and since every freakin cop in the state of MI was cruising the streets and hiding out in parking lots and basically stalking drivers, we thought it best for someone else to drive us home. I'm really glad of that, or I would still be in the Caseville area....like in jail, I'm sure.

When I got home, I ended up falling into the bathtub, bringing the shower curtain down with me and I couldn't get out. Hubby thought it was hilarious and got the camera and started snapping pictures. Very humiliating....hardyharhar!

Hubby left the following Tuesday and took Mini Sue and Keno home with him. I decided to stay another week, because the Eagles was having live music the following Saturday and there was a free concert of music in the park. Also my youngest son, his girlfriend and friends were coming up for the weekend.

Saturday was cold and rainy (pathetic, like I said) and I decided to skip the music in the park and just went up to the Eagles for the music there. Lots of people were there and the music was good. It was more of a 'listening' music, not so much 'dance' music. But they were really good. They did some folky type songs and Carly Simon and Elton John, etc. I watched my drinking and could drive home.

Sunday I spent the day with my son on the beach and at the pool. He had his jet-ski out and I finally got brave enough to get on it. I was scared to death, but his girlfriend was driving and she drives easy....unlike my son who drives like a maniac. I told him I'll ride it again when they come up again in August. Maybe in time I'll get use to it. I think I had my eyes closed most of the time and gripping on to her life jacket until my knuckles were white.

So I came home today and I'll be here for a couple weeks until I go back up for the infamous "CHEESEBURGER FESTIVAL"!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter