Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

My 4 Day Holiday....

So I'm back from my short 4-day trip to Caseville. I was going to drive home Sunday but decided to stay an extra day and just got back yesterday. It's too bad the weather couldn't have been better. It feels more like March instead of June up there. I stayed at the condo where the Blues Festival was going to be going on Saturday night. Friday I went to the cottage and got the grass cut and packed up things I would need like toiletries, my bathrobe, slippers, and some food from the fridge.

It's the first time that I've stayed at the condo since I bought the cottage and it was nice. A few of the owners were up and I got a chance to talk to a couple of them. But it was so cold Saturday night. The Blues thing is held outdoors in front of the pool area. It's fenced in with tables and chairs and a stage for the 4 different bands that play. There's a charge but the owners can hear the music for free obviously. Normally, we can set out chairs outside and enjoy the music but this year it was too damn cold. I felt sorry for the people who paid and had to sit there cold. I just kept my door open and I could hear the music inside where I had my heater going. I wished I had brought a coat from the cottage, but the parking lot was jammed and I knew that if I moved my car I wouldn't find a parking spot when I got back...so I was stuck.

Sunday I went to Bad Axe and did some shopping. Then Monday I came home. I missed my dogs SOOOOOO MUCH!! They were happy happy little pups when I walked in the door covering my face with their kisses. Next time they're going with me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter