Cherokee Rose

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Yesterday we dug out these two really huge overgrown bushes on the side of our house. It looks really bare now but we'll fill it in with something else. That's the side of the house where critters are getting in through the crawlspace. Maybe now that it's out in the open and hubby will be able to block it off better, they will go someplace else. Plus, I washed down the patio really good...it better stay that way.

I am pissed at the Sears eye doctor I went to back in October. I had an eye exam and needed to get new computer glasses and newer driving glasses in case I needed them cause it's been well over 5 years since my last exam. She claims that my eyes didn't change that much but prescribed a different prescription from what my old glasses were. I needed to get newer more modern frames anyway so I got them made. I don't always wear glasses when I drive cause I can see fine without them, but sometimes at night or when I'm driving far I will...and especially since I had new frames I wanted to wear them. But everytime I put them on I didn't think I could see as well and I would get a headache after a short time. I thought maybe it was because I was looking through smaller lenses as my other frames were bigger. Also, since I usually see without glasses, I figured that my eyes just needed time to adjust to this new prescription. Well, the other day I found my old glasses and decided to compare them. I looked at the house number across the street one eye at a time...and I could easily read it with my old glasses and couldn't with the new glasses. WHAT?? No wonder I was getting headaches and having trouble with them. So I went back to Sears Optical and complained. Well, since it has been so long since I got them, they said that they can't do anything about it unless I have another eye exam and the doctor would have to prescribe it. I just wanted the old prescription put in my new glass frames. Well, guess since the old prescription is well over 2 years old, they can't do that without the doctor prescribing it and she won't do that without another exam which I would have to pay for. Screw it!! I guess I'll just wear the old glasses...big ole frames or not. All I know is that my driver's license is due next month and I better be able to pass the eye exam with one of my glasses.

The girl said that she wishes I would have compared the two glasses right away instead of waiting so long...I told her that I would have but I ASSUMED THAT PEOPLE KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING!!

So enough of my rant...

I decided to drive to Caseville tomorrow for just the weekend. The Bella Vista where the condo is at is having a Blues Festival. So I decided to leave the dogs home and drive up Friday and drive back Sunday or Monday at the latest. I am going to stay at the condo. I'll only go to the cottage to cut the grass as long as I'm there. Without the dogs I'll be able to stop places along the way which I haven't done since taking Keno. He gets sick in the car and I don't want to stop anywhere and just make the drive as short as possible. So I'm actually looking forward to going cause I can stop places and stay at the condo...with the pools and the Festival and visit with some of the owners there. It'll be a short trip.

I'll be back....ciao

1 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    enjoy oh wait you are already back by now huh,,,hehehhehheheheheee jsut checkin on ya

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter