Cherokee Rose

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Garage Sale is OVER.....

I finally got back from Caseville. I was there for over 2 weeks. I stayed a little longer than I had planned but there were things to do. It was a very busy vacation. Hey, I thought vacations are suppose to be relaxing where you don't have to do anything but relax. Not this trip anyway.

When I got up there I got busy getting my garage sale in order. I hauled all the crap down from the attic and got it all priced, along with what I had already priced sitting in the garage earlier. I was beginning to panic....cause I had so much stuff and didn't know where the hell I was going to put it all. I had about 10 tables and also made a couple of makeshift tables out of snack tables and long drywall pieces on top. And I had some tarps I put down on the grass where I could just lay stuff on. I could only do so much until hubby go there to help me haul some of it out of the garage so I could set up all the tables. I had two long tables of clothes that I put on the deck and left overnight. Then I had more room in the garage. It all worked out in the end. I guess it was worth it cause I made over $500 in 3 days.

So I spent Fri, Sat and Sun of Memorial weekend selling stuff. Actually, I made out even better since I saved money by not going to all the other garage sales going on that weekend. It was killing me though knowing that all these great garage sales were going on and I couldn't get to them!! So I made money and saved money.

Even though I sold alot there were still tons of stuff left over and I spent Monday and Tuesday sorting through everything and packing up most of it for the thrift store in town. I kept a few boxes of stuff to bring back home. But my jeep was jammed packed with boxes that I took to the store.....so they can try selling it.

Then on top of being consumed with my garage sale I also had a lot of yard work to get done. My flower beds were full of weeds...so I had to weed and add the Preen. Cut the grass...weedwhack, edge, etc. My vegetable garden was under water when I first got there so I had to wait for it to dry up before I could finally get the weeds out and get it ready to plant my veggies. After the sale, I bought some tomato plants, pepper plants, cuke plant and got them planted. Also bought a few perennials for my flower garden in front. I started working on the mum flower bed on the side but I only got half of it done. Next time.

We took the dogs to the beach and took some pictures. We went to the condo for awhile, and one Saturday night we went to the Eagles for some Chicken wings.

I was busy with Eagles things some evenings....a meeting, worked the kitchen during Bingo and just hanging out with friends in the bar playing those damn rip-off tickets...haha. Those things are addictive. I won $100 once and now I'm hooked...lol

Hubby thinks they're stupid. I made him play Saturday night and he won $2, but I doubt if he's hooked yet...



2 Comments:

  • At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to see you got home. I received an e-mail from Chris. I don't think they have too many responses to the Reunion.

    Chet

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    they still have those tickets too funny! ok I think I am caught up. have a great week

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter