Cherokee Rose

Saturday, April 18, 2009

IT'S (almost) SHOWTIME!

Yesterday I decided to go to the movie theater and see that new movie out with Nicholas Cage "Knowing". Earlier in the day I scanned the movie section in the newspaper to see where and when it was being played. There are a few theaters in my area that I checked out. One started at 7:10 and there was another one starting more closer to 7:30. So I decided to go to the 7:10 show, thinking that the theater was also the closest one to me.

So I drive and get there shortly before 7:00 and told the young man that I wanted a ticket for "Knowing", whereas he stated that "Knowing" wasn't being played. I told him that he must be wrong cause I saw it in the paper and it starts at 7:10. He told me that I must have been reading an old paper. He said that their movies change every Friday. I thought maybe I might have been reading Thursdays paper. But he said that it hadn't been playing on Thursday either.

I asked him what other movies were playing then. He pointed to a sign. There was some monster/alien movie....a Hannah Montana movie...Observe & Report (which he said was a bit obscene) and Fast and Furious. I would have seen F&F but it didn't start until 8:30 and I really didn't want to hang around talking to this guy for another hour and a half. So I decided to go to the other show and catch the 7:30 show.

The other theater is down the road a ways at the Laurel Place Mall. I drove there and drove around and around that mall and did not see any damn theater. I finally parked my car and went in and walked from one end of the mall to the other and did not see any damn theater. So where the hell is the theater?? I have no clue. Although I could swear that a few years ago I went there to see a movie once. Well, I couldn't figure out where it was. It was 8:00 by this time.

I went home and popped in an older DVD movie and watched "Seabiscuit". Which turned out to be a pretty good movie. Guess I'll catch "Knowing" sometime in the future when it comes out on DVD.

I rechecked the movie listings and apparently the theater with the 7:10 showing was another theater which is the farthest from my house. I forgot about that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter