Cherokee Rose

Sunday, April 12, 2009

IT'S EASTER BUNNY TIME......

......and chocolate bunnies and jelly beans and colored eggs time! What the hell does any of this have to do with Jesus rising from the dead after being nailed to a cross???

There is a pagan explanation, but I won't get into it.

Easter is one of my favorite holidays cause it's basically a boring holiday and I don't have to do much.

I bought a ham and some fixin's that I'll prepare for just the two of us.

I colored some eggs tonight and even hid them around the house.

Then tomorrow morning I'll get up and find them.

I figure as long as I can still find them, then my mind is still good! So it's kind of a test. When I can't find them, then I know I'm in trouble.

The kids won't stop over cause they never do and I don't expect them to cause I don't invite them anyway.

Cause if I did, they wouldn't stop over anyway.

So I don't....

So hubby and I will eat our ham and cheesy potatoes and beans and cole slaw and cherry pie and watch TV with MiniSue and Keno.

I wonder if Kohl's is open tomorrow???

2 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous judy said…

    and I thought I was the only mother in Michigan who didn't get together with her kids on Easter. HA
    One daughter is in New Jersey with the in-laws, another daughter and family is in Myrtle Beach, older daughter is up north in East Tawas and oldest son is--at his own home probably..who knows.

    So I have a spiral cut ham for just us two and some deviled eggs and..a whole box of Peeps for me.

    Happy Easter

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    HAPPY EASTER!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter