Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The 80's were great compared to the 00's

I've been lazy and not posting much lately, I know. Last Friday I went to a high school musical play here in my town called "Back to the 80's". The auditorium was packed and they had to keep moving people down in order to get enough seats for everyone. It was a story about seniors in their last year of school...typical boy like the girl next door, but she likes the "cool" guy instead. And there was the 'new girl' and the 'nerdy guy'. The play had about 17 songs from the 80's so it was very nostalgic. The clothes were very 80's, etc. It had an amazing cast with tons of kids participating. The songs and choreography were great. A very enjoyable play. I think the last time I went to a high school play was when I was IN high school!! I've been to plays but not a high school play. The guy who played the nerdy character reminded me of Jerry Lewis's version in the "Nutty Professor". He was very talented.

Then Saturday night I got together with one of my friends for a burger and a few beers. I was home by midnight...and then I popped in the movie "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" and watched it. I just LOVE that movie!

So I worked Monday this week and don't go back in until Friday. I got my end of things done, so boss has to do some catch up and we are waiting for info from the clients before we can finish some returns.

We have this one elderly lady, and for some reason she now has some court-appointed guardian who is now in charge of her finances. So this jackass decided he needed to liquidate some assets and he cashed in what he thought was a simple annuity from one of her insurance accounts. Well, it turns out it was an IRA and he cashed the whole thing in so now she has to pay taxes on it big time. Some people think they are so good at their jobs and don't know a damn thing. What a huge mistake that she has to pay for now. Idiot...

...talking about idiots.....

So we need to get our driveway reasphalted cause it's literally falling apart. Hubby called the township to get a referral for a good asphalt guy. He calls the guy and the guy told him he would come out Tuesday in the late afternoon and give us a quote. So I work Monday in order to be home Tuesday. I figured I wouldn't bother making dinner and hubby and I could go out and get something after he leaves. So we sit home ALL FREAKIN' DAY and no dinner and the guy doesn't even show up or even bother to call. By 6:30 I ran up to Burger King and we scarfed down some burgers. I am totally pissed! Like we have nothing better to do. Also, hubby was planning on running up to the cottage to turn the heat off by today or tomorrow but now we don't know if the a'hole is still coming or not this week. So our week plans have gone into the toilet. This weekend is our son's birthday and he wanted to be home by then so we could take him out to dinner like we do every year. Considering how the economy is so bad you would think that the guy would be grateful for a call for some work. It must be nice that he doesn't need the work that bad.

We still haven't heard from him....

Keno is doing GREAT!!! He is a real lap-sitter. He is either on my lap or my husbands. He and Mini Sue love hanging out together....I was going to post a picture but I have to get it downloaded. Next time.

That's about it for now....ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter