Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm a winner!

Shanty Days was a success! I entered my chili in the chili cook-off and actually WON Second Place! It was only $15, but my chili was a winner. I named my chili "Hot Mama's Chili". I put in jalepenos and jalepeno diced tomatoes and two different kinds of onions and spicy hot chili beans so it was hot and spicy, where the chilis entered last year were so bland. I didn't even get a chance to even taste the other entries this year. By the time I got up there to taste and vote it was over. They had to end it early because they got tons of people in and ate all the chili, so there was nothing to vote on by 2:30.

My neighbors came up and we met up at the Eagles for karoke Saturday night and that was fun. We danced the hustle but didn't sing....figured I'd spare the ears of the people there. My back-up singer partner couldn't make it up there cause she was out of town for her grandson's birthday party.

Anyway, I got back yesterday and I went out for some Chinese food and watched "The Bachelor" and "24". Next Monday night TV is going to be a b**** cause it will be the 2-hour finale of "The Bachelor" and a 2-hour special "24" at the same damn time! Not fair....

I'm getting ready for work....so later....

3 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    wwooohhhooo on the chili GOOD JOB,,, I could use some of that right now with how I am feeling.. don't work too hard.

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Way to go!!! Always nice to be a winner...

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great job!! I am super impressed! I want to try some:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter