Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Back to work.....

I start my tax season job tomorrow, so I'll be working until April and hopefully, by April we will get rid of all this damn SNOW and it will be Spring and warm again.

Today I went to Mini Sue's vet and got her records to show that she is up to date on all her shots before she starts her little doggie classes. I took her there to Petsmart last Saturday so she could get use to the place and look around. And her teacher was teaching an intermediate class so she could see her teacher. They were having a 'pet adoption' that day and there were mainly cats and a couple of dogs. This one dog was massively huge! Mini Sue could have sat on his head...haha. She got a lot of attention from everyone there...both people and other dogs. This one big dog who was just so friendly wanted to check her out. She didn't seem too scared. Then she wanted to shop....a typical female. So she bought a new sweater for her class day, and she got some little pink bootie socks for her feet when she goes outside in this cold. Her little feet can't take the cold ground. She'll go out there and get a ways from the house and then on her way back, she'll start walking funny and then stop and raise up on her back feet and start doing her "begging" with her front paws for me to come get her. When I bring her in, she'll be shivering and making a weird sound like "brrrrrrrrrr" or something similar to that...it's weird. Anyway, I know her feet get cold. So now I put her bootie socks on and her feet stay warm. So she had a nice shopping day Saturday and met a few "friends".

Sunday I made barbeque chicken wings and lots of snacks for the Super Bowl. Just loved the half-time with Bruce!

Today I went to the gym and worked out and did some shopping at Sears.

Oh...now my husband has another potential health problem that he found out about when he went to his doctor. So now he has to have a stress test done, but since he can barely walk because of the stiffness in his knees he doesn't know how he will be able to walk on the treadmill anyway. He told the doctor that, but didn't make a difference. Said to try it anyway. Yeah, and then they can charge the insurance company....for a test he probably won't be able to do anyway. I don't know why they just don't do a CAT scan...that's what I've been reading on the internet that is usually done. "Well, let's charge the insurance company for a stress test first...then we'll do the real test you really need"!...stupid doctors.

And life goes on....

3 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Judy said…

    CAT scan would be best, that's what I've heard too. If he can't walk, they will probably use Thallium (injected) to get his heart rate up to what they want, while he lays on a bed. Not too pleasant, but don't tell him.

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    I won't tell him of that possibility, cause the last time he was suppose to get a stress test he cancelled it after I told him about this woman I met whose husband died while on the treadmill having a stress test!

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    sorry I am late,, caught up apart of the way.. keep warm I will not tell ya how nice it has been here.

    Been really busy workign and trying to figure out my life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter