Cherokee Rose

Sunday, January 25, 2009

End of the weekend....

Well, it's Sunday night and another weekend gone. Yesterday I went to my son's girlfriend's house for her daughter's birthday party. It wasn't going to start until 5:00 so I went to an estate sale and hit K-Mart to make a return first. Then I drove to my son's house. Earlier he saw a good-size concrete Egyptian Cat statue on Craigslist that was near my house and he wanted me to go buy it for him....only $10, cheap! I had the cat in my backseat so I was finally able to get it out and he has it sitting in his backyard for now next to an old gas pump in front of his garage.

Then I followed him to her house. She and her daughter live in Trenton area with her dad and stepmom. They have a really nice house....a newer contemporary style home with the open floor plan and high ceilings and a massive fireplace. Not my style, but it is very very nice. I prefer my traditional living room in the front of the house and my cozy family room in the back of the house, where I can sit in either room and not have to look at my kitchen. Where they have a nice combination kitchen/dining room/living area all together in the back of the house. The living area is small and then right next to that area behind the wall off the hallway is a family room area which is also used as an office. I don't understand the two rooms right next to each other. Personally, I would rather remove the wall and have it be one big room, and separate the area from the kitchen/dining area with a wall. But that's just my opinion.

And the attached garage is in the front of the house, and there is no front door, just a side door that opens up to an area where their washer and dryer are and the stairs to the basement and a bath. Then everything else is in the back of the house. I personally like to look out windows into my front yard and see what the neighbors are up to....

To each his own. I sure wouldn't pay over $300,000 for it though....

Anyway, there were alot of people there and I met her parents and grandparents and cousins and uncles, etc. Very nice family! Then Alexis also had a sleepover with her friends so there were lots of little girls there. There was pizza and salad and snacks and dip and beer, and we girls made coffee later and put Baileys in it....yummy!

I got home around midnight and stayed up awhile watching TV. Then today I went back to K-Mart to do another refund and hit another Estate Sale. I had bought this black velour hoodie top with matching pants. The pants were way too long, though. So yesterday I just wore the top with cords, and I took the pants back. They would have fit fine if I was 6 feet tall....

I talked to hubby today and he and Mini Sue are coming home tomorrow. She says she has been in a depressed state since I left. She won't even get out of bed. The other day she stayed in bed until after 4:00 in the afternoon! She is very sad. He put the phone by her ear and I was talking to her saying "Mini Sue, Mini Sue, Mini Sue.....I love you!!!!" He said she perked her ears up.

Guess I'll get to bed....I'm bushed...

Ciao

1 Comments:

  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    Speaking of Estate Sales....

    Rich and I were in Wal-Mart saturday, and you know he knows everyone here at the Howell store..so the cashier says to him, "Hey I was at an estate sale in Livonia and met someone that knows you". He assumed maybe it was someone from his Livonia store. She says, "no, she also said she knew Sondra".
    I was like Oh I bet it's my aunt! I said "blond lady in her fifties?"
    She says "Oh not in her 50's! More like 40's"
    I thought you'd like that! :-))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter