Cherokee Rose

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fridaynight/Saturdaymorning....

Brrrrrrrrr.....it is so damn freaking, bloody COLD! I hate it!! I totally completely without a doubt in my mind HATE HATE HATE WINTER!!!! It is so cold that I swear I thought I saw a polar bear in my backyard......

Most people when they retire they go to places like Florida, Arizona, Las Vegas, or Mexico....not the f'ng ANARTICA!

Maybe someday I will move someplace where it is warm year-round....but as long as this house is standing I will probably die here....wrapped in an electric blanket huddled next to the fireplace....

.....literally cause after getting a $350 gas/electric bill (and that's after we didn't even have power for 4 freaking days!!), I have turned my thermostat down from 62 to 58. And I even put it at 57 for awhile but I'm afraid that my pipes will freeze if I go any lower....
______________________________

My car heater is working better...go figure....
______________________________

I went to Karl's Cabin tonight for my high school class reunion meeting. There were 10 of us that showed up. I'm in charge of door prizes (with another classmate), and the Memorial photo display. We're meeting again next month to get the mailings out to everybody to let them know the details...which is again the weekend of my wedding anniversary...Sept 18-20. I spent last anniversary in a hospital, and I guess I'll spend next one with classmates. The last reunion Saturday night biggie was on our wedding anniversary, so hubby had to go in order for us to even be together, and that was so not fun.

Hell, I don't know why I fret so much about my wedding anniversary. I mean, who the hell cares after all these years. Hubby sure as hell doesn't. He doesn't want to do anything anyway. To him it's just another day that he is expected to take me out to dinner somewhere. And going out to dinner is a major project for him. He totally hates it. I get so disgusted. I hate having to cook all the time. I want to retire, too. I want someone else to cook and bring ME dinner. Other couples I know or see are out having dinner together a couple times a week. I'm lucky if we go out a couple times a year.....not including eating at the Eagles or going out with our son....just him and me at a nice restaurant. Hell, maybe ONCE a year...like our anniversary. If I don't get that, then I get nothing.

So maybe that's why I fret....
__________________________

I miss Christmas already. Tonight I watched "The Christmas Story" on tape, and looked at Xmas pictures on my camera.
__________________________

Tomorrow I'm going to my youngest son's girlfriend's daughter's birthday party. So I guess I'll meet her parents......MEET THE PARENTS!!...OMG!...

Alexis is going to be 10! Happy Birthday Alexis.....
__________________________

Why is it that I always have a million things going through my mind that I want to talk about in my blog and then I get into my blog and type about nonsensical (is that even a word?) crap???

Good night...

1 Comments:

  • At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lmao@ seeing a polar bear! It had to be cold there since it was snowing here.For 2 days it snowed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter