Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Some Xmas Pics.....

All my Xmas stuff is back up in the attic....hurrraaaaay!! Won't be seeing most of it again for a couple of years, cause next year we will be spending Xmas in Caseville. I'll put up my trees but that's about it....everything else will be staying in the attic til the following Xmas. I'll miss my snowmen. I have these Hallmark snowmen that I buy every year that sing that I display on my wall unit in my family room and one in my kitchen....4 all together...and I have a couple in Caseville. So they won't be singing again for awhile. I downsized my tree to a smaller table top version and I call it my "crystal tree" cause all the decorations are crystal with some berries and poinsettias stuck in.










Next year only the corner fiber optic tree will be in my living room. This year everything was out. I had my new village scene set up in the corner of my mantle but you can't see it very well in the picture....and look at the blazing fire I had going to keep warm!




My house looked so pretty outside. There were also green lights running down the entire length of my vinyl picket fence along the property line and lights on the side of the house.




__________________________________

Today I baked two loaves of Zuchinni/nut/banana bread. Then I cubed up the rest of the ham to freeze for later use, and simmered up the hambone and made soup. I threw in some carrots, celery, green onion, potatoes, noodles and lots of seasonings. I made it in my cast iron pot that I finally found at an estate sale....I've been looking for one for ions. The soup was so deeeeeeelicious!! I have plenty leftover so I guess we'll be eating soup for the week.

I watched The Bachelor tonight. Of the 15 girls he narrowed down to, he only picked 5 of my picks. I'm rooting for the Michigan gal!

That's about it for tonight....guess I'm getting tired enough that maybe I'll get to sleep.




1 Comments:

  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    sorry I am late,,,been a bit crazy here,,,,, keep warm I love your fireplace.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter