Cherokee Rose

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hate these newfangled machines....

The day is coming and coming soon as we are reminded constantly now on TV. One day my old TV with rabbit ears will not work. The cable companies hate the fact that people can still get free TV and have lobbied our government to take away our airwaves. Yes, I have cable TV in my family room. But my old console TV in my living room still works with rabbit ears; and my little TV in my bedroom also works with an antenna; and what about my really little tiny TV I like to use in my computer room...antenna. We don't have a basement, and my living room TV is against an inside wall. Cable guys don't like crawling around under a house, so I thought I would spare them that and just use the TV for regular stations when needed. My bedroom TV is against an inside wall and would have to be hooked up through the attic, and cable guys don't like crawling around in attics, so I thought I'd spare them the trouble and just watch regular stations with my antenna.

Well, as of Feb. 9 I will no longer be able to watch my TV unless I hook up to a DTV convertor box. So I bought one at Radio Shack....a better one with a remote control and extra features for my living room TV. So I spent a couple days trying to get it to work. I had it hooked up correctly. I finally got the remote control to work somewhat. I could turn the TV on and off and use the volume buttons but that was it. I couldn't get it to work the convertor box. When the setup screen came on I couldn't work the RC to do anything and set everything up like the channels, etc. It was so frustrating.

I finally went back to Radio Shack and complained. The guy was very rude practically insinuating that I'm just plain dumb. I went home ready to box everything up and take it back cause I purchased the warranty and would tell them to just give me another one cause this one just doesn't work...something must be wrong with it.

I read the directions over and over again one more time. Then it said something like to be sure that the remote sensor on the convertor box is free of any obstacles. Oh...like Xmas candles maybe???? I had all my Xmas candle decorations sitting on my TV, and I had purposely put a big fat red candle in front of this ugly convertor box trying to hide it.

I moved the candle over and VOILE...it worked!!! So now I'm all set for Feb 9. But now I have to go back to Radio Shack and buy another one for my bedroom TV and I'm sure the guy will laugh at me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter