Cherokee Rose

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Xmas decorating...

Nothing much to post about. I got hubby to climb up into the attic to get all my Christmas decorations down. Unlike Caseville, we don't have stairs that we just simply pull down and climb up. No....No....NO....In our house it is a major production to get up into the attic to get crap down. The entrance into our attic is through our linen closet upstairs....it is a deep closet with 4 shelves. Each shelf section actually has 2 or 3 shelf boards to make up the shelf. (I know this is complicated to even imagine, but that's what it is) So in order for us to get up into the attic, I have to take EVERYTHING off each shelf and then remove each section of the shelf, leaving just enough sections so hubby can use the shelf pieces to climb up on. Then he can push the little square door up and turn on the switch for the light (that he installed cause he got tired of climbing around in the dark up there). And it IS scary up there!!! I've been up there!!!!!

Our attic is where all our little mouses live.

First of all, we don't have a nice floor that you can walk around in like our attic in Caseville. This attic has boards that you can only step on or otherwise you will fall through the fucking ceiling!! Our roofer found that out. We needed major roof repair done one year....like my upstairs bathroom ceiling had fallen through and hubby had to put plastic up to keep the rain from falling on my head while I was peeing. Anyway, roofers had to install a whole new roof and he stepped wrong and BAM...went right through my ceiling into my spare bedroom!

Getting Xmas crap down from the attic is no picnic. Ya gotta be really careful when you go up there. So first I have to take all my stuff off the shelves...take down most of the shelf pieces...then hubby can climb up there and gingerly step on the right boards to get to all my Christmas crap and then hand them down to me one at a time. He is not happy about this. He whines and complains every year. Last year I went up there myself and got a few boxes down cause we weren't doing the whole Christmassy thing here anyway...did it in Caseville instead. But this year I am doing Christmas here...the whole shabang (sp?).

He went up there...got my crap down....and I've been getting my place decorated for Christmas 2008. I decided I have too much stuff anyway, so I am eliminating. I have a pile in the room of all my stuff I am NOT putting up and I will either take to Salvation Army or sell at my garage sale. I need to downsize Christmas in my house. I need to have less boxes to put up in the attic. Cause getting them down is one thing...then ya gotta get them UP there. Another ordeal. I have to take everything off my shelves again, take the shelf sections down, and hubby has to climb back up there, and I have to hand him all my Christmas crap and he has to gingerly walk on the boards to put them away, and heaven forbid if he misses a board....(we'll have to call our drywall guy again)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year from Texas
    Long Time no see you
    wish you a very good 2009

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter