Cherokee Rose

Saturday, November 08, 2008

A post-election gripe....

Now that the election is finally over with, I need to air a few feelings I have had. Just A Mom touched on it in her Friday post and made excellent points. I know where she is coming from.

I was really starting to get really annoyed at all this "first african/american" crap. In the first place, he is not african/american; he is not black; he is a mulatto...half black/half white. And if what I've been reading online, he is more arab/american than african/american anyway. The black people have been celebrating like he is one of their own....yeah, HALF!...he still had a white mammy and a white grandpappy and grandmammy.

Whoopi Goldberg made a comment on "The View" that really irked me. She said something like how happy she was that people saw him as "a man" as opposed to "a black man"....I was like WTF!! We have had 'african/american','african/american'..shoved down our throats in everything from TV, newspapers, magazines, the media. They wanted to make sure that the blacks sure thought of him as a black man so they would get out there and vote for him. If Whoopi and all the rest of the african/americans in this country thought of him also as just a man as opposed to a black man, then why all the celebrating and all the excitement?? Cause THEY think of him as a "black man"....

Anyway, I am really hoping that with "one of their own" being in the highest office of our government, maybe now they will stop blaming the "white government" for all their woes and troubles. Gee, wonder who they will blame now??

And since Obama is a very articulate speaking man, I am also hoping that they will see him as an example for proper speech and learn to speak proper english.

I see Obama as a man who cares about what is happening to this country and truly wants to try and make things better.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger DDanielle said…

    Hi Diane! I am sitting here in Caseville with my mom Chet and she sent me here. Your post made me laugh. I can't watch the view because of Joy, she is just mean. Hopefully after all this stuff dies down and people realize Obama is still just a man the country can get back to business and stop worrying about what puppy he is going to get.....although I hope he gets a mutt lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter