Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A trip to C'Ville....

Today Pepper came home in a little white box. After she died the vet did a nice thing. They took a paw print of Pepper in clay and gave it to us as a memorial gift. I baked it today as directed and it came out real nice.

Tomorrow I am driving up to Caseville for a couple weeks. My husband will drive up by the following weekend after this weekend. The weekend of Oct 31/Nov 1 is both Halloween and the Holly Berry Fair. Usually they fall on 2 separate weekends, but once every 6-7 years they fall on the same weekend. So my husband will be up by Fri, Oct. 31, and we'll go up to the Eagles for Halloween. Then Saturday I'll hit all the craft shows and get in the Xmas spirit/mood.

Remember back in May I wrote about finding my Godson. The last time I saw him was when he was about 4 years old...then his mother put him and his little brother up for adoption as she could no longer care for them. He was adopted by a nice family in the thumb area not too far from Caseville. His neice is getting married and he and his fiance are coming for the wedding. He is now living in Wyoming so they are flying in. Actually they already flew in last Saturday but then drove on to Chicago to visit people there first. So this Friday they are driving through Caseville to Port Austin where they will stay for the wedding on Saturday. They are going to stop at my cottage and SEE ME!!! I am so excited!! His mother who he found back in the 80's passed away a few years ago, and he is still searching for his father and little brother. But he found his godmother....ME....through a newspaper article he had printed back in May. It is a reunion long overdue. I have always wondered all these years whatever happened to him and if he had a good childhood. It is so nice to know that he did and he's doing fine and I can finally actually see him again.

So tomorrow I'm off to Caseville and I hope that Lucky stays healthy. He is on three medications for his lymphoma and is doing good so far. I don't want him getting sick while I'm gone. These past 6-7 weeks have been awful...very stressful...as far as the health of my dogs and husband. I am just praying for a stressless, relaxing, fun two weeks.

Then I'll come back probably election night so I can watch the results at home with the Detroit TV stations. I already voted with an absentee voter ballot. Personally, I don't care for either one of them for different reasons, so I don't care which one gets in....probably won't make much of a difference either way.

I'm getting new carpet for my stairs and hallway. They came and measured already, so when I get back from Caseville I'll set up an appointment to get it installed. I can't wait. Then my upstairs will be so DONE! When I took the carpet off the stairs, we found that the stairs are not hardwood like the floors, so we have to have them carpeted anyway.

Hope everybody else also has a good next couple weeks while I'm gone.....

1 Comments:

  • At 3:33 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    so sorry to hear about sweet pepper... Have fun up there and I am sure it will be beautiful... have a drink on me and see ya when ya get back...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter