Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

FINALLY!....

They finally discharged my husband today!! They gave him that yucky potassium stuff around midnight again last night. So this morning his potassium level was up where it should be and they could safely send him home. They gave him a prescription for potassium for him to take for 7 days, and he has to continue taking Flagyl for another 5 days. Then he has to see our regular doctor in a week. He is also seeing the surgeon again Friday to get the stitches out from the surgery.

He has swelling in his legs still and his belly is swelled from all the IV fluids. I assume all that will go down in a few days. I thought with all the diahrrea and not eating that his pants would be falling off him, but instead he couldn't even get them buttoned because of all the fluid in his stomach area. He looks like he's pregnate...haha

The doctor told him today that this happens frequently. I guess that is why they had him sign about 3 documents before the surgery stating that he is aware that there is a risk of infection following surgery.

But he's home and eating some now.
___________________________

I'm taking Lucky in for his checkup tomorrow. I know he has been off his antibiotic meds for 2 weeks now...and as before everytime he goes off the meds he starts getting the diahrrea back. I have been checking his stools and they are looking mushy and loose to me, not firm like they were while he was on the antibiotics. So is he heading for another diahrrea/fever/sick episode?? I hope and pray not...

This has been going on since May....diahrrea, meds, better....diahrrea, meds, better.....etc, etc, etc....He is taking his Prednisone everyday and I am keeping him on a 1/2 bland diet (hamburger and rice mixed some with his regular wet food which is already a gastro-type food with rice).

Ciao....

1 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so happy for you! I am glad hes home!! I have been so worried about u guys.. xoxoxo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter