Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Another hospital update....

My husband is still in the hospital. Now he has swelling in his legs, but the doctor says that is normal because of all the IV drips going in him. I worry cause usually swelling means kidney problems, but what do I know...

Now they are concerned about his potassium level because it has dropped below normal because of all the diahrrea he is having and still having. It was low and they gave him pills and some yucky stuff to drink and it went up. But then it was low again. This morning it was 2.6 and later 2.8 but it should be up to at least 3.5. I had taken him some clean underwear a couple days ago and it was a good thing, cause he said that after he drank that yucky stuff and he went to stand up, it was like his butt exploded and it was all over the place!...LOLOL...I know I shouldn't laugh, but I thought it was funny when he told me. That yucky stuff must be really potent!!! So today I took a few more pairs over for him just in case...

He still isn't eating very much and they are concerned about that. They are giving him something to help increase his appetite. But he says he isn't hungry cause he feels like his stomach is upset all the time and with the diahrrea who the hell would feel like eating anyway??

The doctor came in while I was there this afternoon and he said that he will check his potassium level tomorrow and if it is up where it should be then he can be discharged and can come home....so maybe he will be coming home tomorrow.

This doctor is an idiot...or he thinks that I'M an idiot. He was trying to make this out like a simple case of colitis and said that a lot of people get it and that it is a matter of balancing his system with good/bad bacteria. He actually compared it to a yeast infection that women sometimes get from the use of antibiotics. I understand his comparison of the antibiotic use, but this is also like comparing apples with oranges. First of all, yeast is suppose to be there....C Diff bacterial is NOT!! I said to him.."Isn't this C Diff?" and he said "Yes"....so doesn't he know the difference between C Diff and a yeast infection???? I think that doctors can no longer bullshit people with their inane half-ass deceitful explanations cause we have computers now and we have GOOGLE!! We probably know more than they do. When I started to ask him about the spores that can develop and stay with you and cause relapses, he just kinda looked at me like he had no clue what I was talking about and his assistants had a blank look on their faces as well. He then just changed the subject and I shut my mouth cause I didn't want to get my husband upset.

There are great websites out there about C Diff... (Thanks Roy for giving me one that has a more personal side to it...real people's stories and experiences with C Diff). It is on the same par as MRSE as one website stated....it is a very bad nasty infection that can be controlled but sometimes not totally eradicated as the spores can stay in your system forever and cause relapses.

I've been printing out all the articles from the websites I've found and my husband can read them for himself.
___________________________________

Anyway, I went to the dentist yesterday and got that tooth repaired. And lo and behold, we had a large credit on our account so I only had to pay $20!! A bit of good luck for a change...

2 Comments:

  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    It sounds to me like this is a lot more serious than yeast..sheesh..the Dr. just doesn't want to admit it because the infection came from their hospital in the first place.
    well I sure hope his potassium levels go up so he can come home. He'll probabaly eat better at home too.

    Yay! about the dentist! Someone was looking out for you! Who the heck ever has a credit?! Luck was with you!!!

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    Somehow we paid for something that they ended up getting paid again by our insurance company when we had insurance. So they just credited it us....LUCKY!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter