Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Gettin' caught up....

My short 5 day trip to Caseville went good. I got back last Friday. I went up to the Eagles Tuesday night for a meeting and then partied afterwards. Then Wednesday I helped work the kitchen at Bingo with my friend. I got the grass cut, weedwacked and edged. I went to my other friend's house in Pigeon a couple times. She looked at the antique cedar chest I had bought and really loved it. She said that it is at least 75-80 years old and once I get it refinished it should be worth at least $150. She also has a cedar chest to refinish, so I think we are going to do them together next summer. Mainly she told me to just clean it with Murphy's Oil Soap, lightly sand it and then go over it with tung oil.

So I got home Friday and it was raining and it rained all freakin' weekend. I wanted to go to the Northville Victorian Festival but it rained cats and dogs Saturday. Sunday I went with my son to this auction in Lapeer. It rained off and on all day and poured like crazy for awhile. I wore a denim jacket and it was totally soaked through, my shirt was soaked, my jeans were soaked and even my panties were bleepin' soaked! I got there around 9:00 a.m. (YES, I actually got up at 5:30 in the morning, cause I had to leave by 7:00 or so cause it took me an hour an a half to get there!) We stayed there until 6:00. Part of it was held indoors or under tents outside, but the grounds were soaked with rain and mud. I had a brimmed hat on and an umbrella, but we still got soaked from standing around for 9 hours in the rain. I was so chilled to the bone I left a couple times to just sit in my car with the heat on. I peeled my jacket off and tried to get it a little dry in front of the car vents. My makeup was gone...my hair was flattened and plastered to my head. I looked like something the cat dragged in...like a wet rat!

After we left, we decided to stop at McDonalds in Lapeer and I know I looked a fright!! But I didn't give a royal s**t by then cause I was hungry!...and wet...They had food at the auction and I got a cup of chili but it isn't much fun eating a hot dog in the rain....soggy bun and all...

Got home after 8:00....it was a long day....

Then yesterday my husband had his surgery. We had to BE at the hospital by 5:30, so I was up at 4:00 A.M.! The surgery was a little delayed but not bad. We were back home by 10:30. Everything went okay. The doctor did some more scraping of about 5 other places on his back. I hope he doesn't have to have another surgery.

Anyway, my husband had put my computer desk together while I was in Caseville and it looks great! My monitor is the old fashioned kind with the huge big back sticking out, and it's been acting weird for a long time anyway...(pink screen and wavy lines, etc), so I decided to buy a new flat panel monitor. I got a good deal at Office Depot. I just have to remember to send the rebate thing in. I had unplugged my computer and moved everything into my new awesome computer room and just got it all hooked up today.

Today I took my car into the dealership to have my brakes done. I should have had them done a month ago, but I waited too long. Yesterday I could hear them start to grind which is a bad sign. So now of course I need new rotors and it's now costing me twice as much. Whatever....And I'm getting a tune-up, and I have a nail in one of my tires that they will repair. I should get my car back by tomorrow.

Thursday I'll take Lucky in for a check-up and the doctor will determine if she needs to adjust his meds. So far he is doing really really well. Back to his old self....100% All the thoughts and prayers helped!!!

I'm tired and I need to get to bed. I went to bed early last night, but I'm still dragging from those two days I had to get up so early.

Ciao.....

2 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey take some pics of your new computer room so I can see it:)

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    I can't cause my camera is broken...boohoo!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter