Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday.....

My son and his family went back home yesterday to North Carolina. He never saw his father while he was here. Apparently, everything was my fault. I'm a total bitch. It's my fault that his father couldn't see him. I ruined his whole trip. Nothing my daughter-in-law could say or do made any difference. She said that she thinks he's a sociopathic-type person from what she has been reading. I could have told her that. He has major anger management problems.

I even told her to tell him that it was important for him to see his dad before he left. I mentioned to her that he is having surgery after Labor Day but I can't discuss it. Hubby told me not to say anything to the kids yet. Apparently, that made no difference cause he left without seeing him anyway. My husband even left a message on his cell phone telling him to meet him somewhere. He ignored the message and didn't even call his dad back.

My daughter-in-law called and we talked today. She doesn't understand his behaviour except that he gets irrational like that all the time with her too.

We both feel that there was more bothering him. She said that maybe he thinks he didn't get the reception that he was expecting. He probably assumed that when he rolled in Saturday night, we would just drop everything and rush home. Even when the Cheeseburger festival ended on Sunday, he probably thought we should rush back immediately on Monday. Well, there are things that have to be done before we can leave. It was a hectic 10 days and I needed a couple days to unwind and get things done. The grass needed to be cut and weedwacked....I needed to clean the condo, change sheets, etc., and clean the cottage. So I drove back on Wednesday. He may have been upset with his dad cause he didn't come home on Wednesday....he came home on Thursday. But we had a major leak problem at the condo that needed to be dealt with. After I left on Wednesday, my hubby got ahold of the maintenance men and found that the condo above us had a leak in their bathroom. There was so much water on the floor, it took two towels to mop it up. The water was leaking down into our bathroom...bubbling our ceiling and wall and our wallpaper was peeling off. If we had just rushed home on Monday, we would have came back to our bathroom ceiling sitting on our freakin' floor!!

So things had to be done. I figured from Saturday to Wednesday it would give them time to see her family and their friends. Then they would still be there over another week when we would be there. I had planned to take the kids to the zoo, a barbeque on Saturday, then leave Mon or Tues for Caseville to show them the cottage and let the kids have fun at the beach. But none of that happened. And they are back in North Carolina.

My son thinks he is the center of the world. He isn't. Face it....nobody is. We have a life that also needs attention.

My husband has an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow. I can't make plans to even go back up to Caseville until I know when the surgery is going to be. Hopefully, he will know tomorrow.

My dog, Lucky, has that diahrrea again!! I don't know wtf his problem is and I'm getting real sick of it. I don't have the extra money to throw away at the vet, so I'm trying to give him that pet store medicine, but he won't even eat his food. He just lays under the couch. I bought some bran cereal to give him and sneak some of the medicine in it but he doesn't even want to eat much of that.

This weekend is Labor Day and I guess I won't be going to the cottage. I don't see how we can even do much of anything with Lucky being sick.

I sold the bed.....the one I had in the spare bedroom that they used for the few days they were here. I won't be needing it. If they ever come back to Michigan again for a visit, they better have a Plan B, cause there ain't no Plan A anymore....

Now maybe I can finally get the room the way I want it and I can put my computer back in there. I'm going to start ripping out the carpet and then my husband can finally put my computer desk together. It's been sitting in a box for over 5 years!

And life goes on......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter