Cherokee Rose

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tan healthy-looking body vs skin cancer.....hmmmm

Last week my husband went to the doctor for his 6 month check-up. Apparently, at his last check-up the doctor noticed something on his back that looked a bit suspicious and said that he would keep an eye on it. So this time he decided to freeze it and scrape it off and send it in for a biopsy.

Yesterday the office called and asked for my husband. I told them that he was away until Friday but I could get ahold of him and have him call them. She said that he needed to get back with them as soon as he can. That did not sound good. So then I get hysterical (after I hung up) and yelling curse words and talking to "whoever is in charge of crap like this"..."Don't even go there....don't even think about it!!"

So then I tried to call my husband and my mind went totally blank as to our caseville phone number! I had to look it up! I was very upset....to say the least.

Anyway, so I called and left him a message and he got back with me later. He said that the biopsy results had come back "positive" for cancer and he had made an appointment for Monday to have it totally removed surgically or however they do it.

I'm assuming that it's basil cell and that's not bad. It doesn't spread. It should be okay once they get it all out. We'll know more once he talks to the doctor on Monday.

I had the doctor look at my back at my last appointment cause I was worried about a few spots but he said they were nothing. With having a place on the lake, we spend way too much time in the sun, and I rarely use sunscreen. Actually we both use a tanning exhilerator with no sunscreen at all in it. When my son was just up there he got really burnt cause he said that he couldn't find any sunscreen anywhere...! That's cause we don't use it. I think I have a small tube of it in a beach bag somewhere that I use on my face occasionally. I admit that we are both really bad about that. It's a wonder if we both don't end up with severe skin cancer. Especially with my salon tanning as well.

So maybe I should start using some sunscreen....BUT I LOVE MY TAN!!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    hey out here we are top of the list for skin cancer,,, I am white as can be,,, he will be fine!

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    Awwww come on pleeeeeeeeese use some sun screen on your face especially.
    It's chic and glamourous these days to use it! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter