Cherokee Rose

Thursday, June 26, 2008

My time in C'Ville....

I got back from Caseville Tuesday and have been busy with vet and doctor appointments. Lucky finished his meds and his lymph nodes have gone down to almost normal, so the doctor went ahead and gave him his parvo vaccination that he is overdue to get. She didn't want to give it to him while he was sick. Then I made another appointment for Mini Sue later in the day and brought her in for the same vaccine. So they are good for another year.

Today I went to my doctor to get my BP prescription and blood work done. So I'm good for another six months.

I was busy, busy, busy in Caseville. I couldn't believe how high the grass had grown with all the rain we have been getting. The new lawnmower just plowed right through it with ease though. I ended up mowing everything 3 times before I left. I did the weedwacking, the edging, the weeding and more flower planting. My flower garden looks great this year so far. Most of the perrenials I planted last year came up. Before I left my one daylillie bloomed and I wish I had taken my camera with me cause it is so beautiful. My roses were blooming. Everything looks great. There were a lot of weeds to pull though. My veggie garden looks good. The only problem I had was that two of my cucumber plants weren't doing very well because I forgot to pull that thing off the bottom of the planter so there wasn't any drainage for them. The other two cuke plants were doing great because their planters had drainage. My peppers and tomatoes are growing good and getting blossoms, and my onions popped up and my radishes are going crazy. I should have a good garden this year.

...And I got my carpets cleaned! I did the bathroom, the bedroom and the living room and hall. I didn't do the 2nd bedroom cause it didn't really need it.

I took time out to enjoy myself as well. I went to the Eagles on Saturday night but because of all the graduation parties going on there weren't too many people in there. But George....the 90 yr old birthday boy....was there, so I sat with him and he talked about the old days when he and his wife first bought their property in the Caseville area back in 1948. We had a good time yakking and drinking beer. Then I left around 9:30 and went by the condo. They were having a "Blues on the Beach" bash. I sat with one of the cottage owners and talked and listened to the music that was playing in a tent that was set up. They had a total of 4 bands that night playing.

Another day I went to the condo and sat at the pool with some of the other owners there. It was a gorgeous day and I enjoyed the relaxation. I'm looking for a good masseuse and April recommended a friend of hers that lives down the road from me. So next time I'm there, I'll give her a call and see if she can relax these old muscles of mine!

Saturday morning I got up early and drove to Port Austin for the Farmer's Market. I hit a few garage sales along the way. I bought some jewelry and a plant. Then I went shopping in some of the stores and bought myself an ArtStone angel holding a black dove in her hands. I've been buying these angels with doves lately. I miss Brinks so much. I'm still always crying about her and praying she is okay. I was at this pet store and they have these Diamond Doves. They are half the size of Brinks and a light grey and white. Maybe one day I'll buy one.

My hus said that when the Tigers were playing San Diego at their park on television they had to stop the game because there was a pigeon walking around between the bases. They put the camera on the pigeon and he said it looked just like Brinks. The commentator said "...there's no pigeons in San Diego"...haha...

So I drove back home and got these appointments done. Tomorrow night I'm going to Karl's Cabin for my annual High School get-together thing. Funny thing is that one of the main classmates that organizes these things sent me an email. She wanted to tell me that she and her husband won't be at the get-together cause they will be camping at Sleeper State Park in Caseville! So she thought that if I was still in Caseville or driving back up then we could get together there. But I'm here so I guess I'll miss her. But now we will be getting together more often because of the planning of our next big reunion next year, so I'll be seeing her shortly anyway.

Tomorrow there are some estate sales I want to go to, so I'm going to bed so I can get up fairly early....

Ciao...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter