Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Is it Fall already?....

I think I missed summer cause it went by so fleetingly. One minute we are enjoying summerlike 80 degree weather, and then I wake up and it's back to the 60's again. I saw people wearing coats today. I turned my furnace on. I wore socks. Maybe the summer fairy will come bless us with some sunshine and warmth again one day.

I took Lucky in for his follow-up checkup today. The medicine is suppose to get rid of whatever bacterial infection he has and once it's gone, then the lymph nodes should go back to normal. The nodes are smaller but still swollen. He is still running a slight fever. Normal temp for dogs is between 99-102....his was 104. He still has another week on his meds, so she told me to bring him in again in a week once he's off his meds. I just don't know what the hell is going on, but he acts okay and eats good and plays and at least it's not cancer. Weird

I went to Home Depot to buy a new faucet for my kitchen sink. I love the one I have. But awhile ago a pot slipped from my hands and put a small ding on the spout. Of course, the faucet still works but that ding is driving me and my hubby crazy. At our cottage, hubby suggested that we put a new faucet in the kitchen cause the one on there now is old. So I suggested that we replace our dingy one at home with the same faucet and then put the dingy one in the cottage. It's still a whole lot nicer than the one there now, and I don't think the ding will bother me as much there. So off to Home Depot I went to buy the exact same faucet. Why oh why do companies have to keep changing things?? Where is my faucet?? I saw a few that I thought might be the same one but I had my doubts. I bought the one I thought matched the best. Took it home and it was nowhere even remotely close to my faucet. I think my mind was matching my bathroom faucet by mistake. So I took it back to return it. I wanted to take a picture of my faucet to take with me, but of course the batteries are dead in the camera....so I drew it on a piece of paper. I'm no artist and it looked a little cartoonish, but I figured it was better than my memory of it. So I'm holding up this drawing of my faucet and comparing it and found a somewhat livable lookalike. So that's the one I bought. The spout is a little different and the top part is a little different, but the sprayer is the same...but it's all basically close enough as far as I'm concerned. Mainly, there is no ding.

I got my car packed. I decided to leave alllllll the dogs home. They can get mad if they want, but I'm taking a mini vacation from all of them. I'm also going to take my carpet cleaner with me and clean the carpets as long as no dogs will be there. So I'll get my lawn cut, carpets cleaned and maybe catch the "Blues on the Beach" concert on Saturday night at the Bella Vista where my condo is. I may even spend the weekend there.

Have a good weekend....

1 Comments:

  • At 1:47 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    hope puppy gets better and uuummm can ya send some of that weather here... have

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter