Cherokee Rose

Thursday, June 05, 2008

My time in C'ville.....

I finally got back from Caseville yesterday and trying to catch up on things.

My trip to Caseville was eventful. First weekend I went to a birthday bash at the Eagles for George who turned 90! Hubby came up by Tuesday of the following week. He would have come up sooner but he had to wait for our medical insurance bill to arrive so we could get the damn thing paid...and it came late of course. Second weekend was the Memorial Day weekend and there were tons of garage sales everywhere. I tried to hit most of them in the Caseville area but didn't get to the ones in Pigeon that I heard were much better and more of them. I got all my flowers planted in my flower bed and got my tomatoes and peppers planted in my garden. I also planted cucumbers in some pots and some green onions and radishes. So hopefully we will be enjoying some great salads soon!

Two bummer things happened. One was the total breakdown of my lawn mower. Actually, I think I screwed it up worse than what it was normally. Normally, it is hard to start but I can eventually get it started. So I finally got it started and had just started cutting the grass when it died on me....there was no gas in the tank....I forgot to check. So when that happens...you run it dry....it screws up the carburator and won't stay started now. Hubby tried to fix it, but no luck. We ended up taking it to these lawn mower fixer-upper guys. I told them the carburator is messed up and needs to be replaced. Of course, they figured I'm just a dumb blonde woman who couldn't possibly know anything, so instead of replacing the carburator like I told them to, they simply cleaned out the old one and thought they fixed it. They also replaced the spark plug even though I told them that we put a brand new one in. I took it in on Monday and got it back on Friday. Five freaking days to replace a spark plug and clean out a carburator. And guess what?? It still won't stay started...which is exactly what it was doing when I took it in. Duh?? Gee guys, maybe it needs a NEW carburator!! I had to rent one of their mowers while it was being "repaired" and that cost me $25....plus another $40 for them to "repair" my mower. I needed to cut my grass again before I left and couldn't do it. Screw the damn thing. I'm going to buy me a new one. Even when it was working, it took me forever to get it started. I want one that will start on command. I want to be able to look at it and yell 'START', and have it purr for me.

Then my poor dog, Lucky, got sick. It might have been the well water I was putting in their water dish. Usually I give them bottled water, but I got lazy and was giving them tap water. He has a touchy stomach and it doesn't take much to give him the runs, so I'm guessing that might have been the reason. Plus, I gave him some chicken I had for dinner and chicken gives him the runs too sometimes. Anyway, he was going and going and going. I even kept the doors open all night so he could run outside everytime the urge hit him. But one night, hubby decided to shut the doors and didn't tell me so I didn't know I had to get up out of bed to let him out...and when I did get up at 6 a.m. there was dog shit all over my cottage. In the kitchen, in the living room, in the bathroom, the hallway and the second bedroom. Of course, it was me cleaning it up with every type of carpet cleaner I had. I should have waken up sleeping, snoring hubby and made him clean it up....or rub his nose in it! The next night, the doors were open all night.

Lucky was getting sicker and sicker and by the time hubby left for home, he was laying under the bed so still and I was screaming his name...LUCKY!! and he wouldn't even move and I thought for sure he died. I was shaking and my heart was pounding I was so scared. I got a flashlight and looked under the bed and he looked at me. I was so weak with relief I had to sit down and catch my breath...my heart was pounding so hard. Damn dog!..scarying me like that. Anyway, he looked awful so I got him out from under the bed and took him to the vet. The vet fixed him up with a shot and pills and in a couple days he was his old self again.

Hubby got my bathroom done. He put up the medicine cabinet he spray painted and hung the mirror back up and put in my new sink and faucet. That was a major all-day job. He ended up having to replace the lines. It looks great now.

Indiana Jones was playing at the theater in town and I wanted to go see it, but hubby didn't want to go so I went by myself and saw it. It's a good action-packed film with lots of humor...typical Indiana Jones. God, I love Harrison Ford!!

Third weekend hubby was gone and there was another birthday celebration at the Eagles for George's wife. I think she's 86 or 87. I took some pictures of them, but I have to download them into the computer and then I'll try to remember to post them. Wow...trying to imagine hubby and I being that old....him at 90 and me at 86!!

So now I'm back home and this weekend is the Redford festival and hubby is going with me whether he likes it or not. Last year, he had his shoulder surgery and the year before I got my weekends mixed up and was in Caseville while it was going on. So this year, I'm home and we're going.

So that's about it.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter