Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Back in the "computer" saddle again.....

I got back from Caseville today. Hubby drove back Friday. It started out nice and then it got cold. After he left on Friday, it got nice again, so I was stuck getting a lot of the outside work done by myself. We did get some painting done in the bathroom. We also wanted to do some cleaning at the condo but when hubby and I went in, it sounded like someone was taking a shower somewhere but there was nobody else in the building, so I knew what that meant. I ran down to the office and told them that there is a pipe leaking water somewhere. The maintenance men came and sure enough the main pipe that runs from the place next door to under my bathtub was running big time. They had just turned the water on for the summer and apparently, a pipe had broke. Luckily, there is just sand underneath, so the water was running into the sand and not into my apartment....whew!! So anyway, they had to shut the water off until they could get it fixed, so we couldn't do any cleaning. After hubby left, it was back on, so I was left to clean by myself. I was going to put the screens in, but decided to deal with it next time I'm there.

This year we are going to put in a window A/C, and I want to put vertical blinds in and a ceiling fan and PAINT!...The place hasn't been painted in 20 years, so I think it's about time, dontcha think?

I don't have time to post alot. It's 12:30 a.m. and I have a noon dentist appointment tomorrow so I need to get some sleep.

But wanted to say that Ken Jezowski of "Helpinghands4cancer" passed away April 30. He gave a courageous mighty fight against his cancer for all the years he had it. He was an amazing guy with incredible wit, humor and strength. I loved reading his blog when he was able to post. Lately, his love Patty has been keeping everyone up-to-date with his progress as he has been too sick to post.

Also I have some news to write about...a blast from the past as they say. It's incredible to say the least, and I'm so excited.

Stay tuned....

1 Comments:

  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Diane this guy does NOTHING all day... and IF he does start to talk to you he forgets what he was gunna talk about... glad you made it back and sorry bout the pipe.. Ken was a pretty good guy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter