Cherokee Rose

Monday, April 21, 2008

The good ole days.....1969

I was reading Joan's blog today (It's Always Something) and she writes about what she was doing on April 14, 1962 and quotes from a diary she kept back then. I use to keep a diary back in 1968 and 1969 and I still have them. It is so funny going back and reading what my life was all about way back when things were so much more simpler and FUNNNNNNNNN.

I was divorced with a kid and I lived in an upper one-bedroom flat. I worked as a secretary answering phones, taking dictation, filing, etc. I made enough to get by. And I dated and dated lots and lots. I laugh my ass off reading it now. I didn't believe in the "going steady" crap. I went out with who I wanted and it was always understood that I do my own thing and if they didn't like it, there's the door.

Here's an example: (circa 1969)

Friday, Jan 3....."Gary came over for awhile.
Saturday, Jan 4...."Went up to Crockett's Lounge. Saw Bill Timm...."
Friday, Jan 10...."Went out with Bill...."
Saturday, Jan 11...."Went out with this guy named Lou from work."
Sunday, Jan 12....."Jerry, a friend of Gary's, came over."
Thurs, Jan 16....."Gary called me"
Saturday, Jan 18...."Went out with Lou again..."
Sunday, Jan 19...."Rick called me..."
Tuesday, Jan 21....."Bill Timm came over...."
Wednesday, Jan 22...."Gary came over for awhile after work...."
Friday, Jan 24...."Gary called...."
Saturday, Jan 25...."Wilkie called and wanted to come over but Gary already came over. After he left, Don (Jerry's brother) called and came over.
Sunday, Jan 26...."Don came over..."
Wednesday, Jan 29...."Gary called me. Don called me. Butch called me. Gary & Butch asked me out for Saturday. I told them both to call back Friday. Don came over for awhile until he had to go to work."
Thursday, Jan 30...."Butch called...."
Friday, Jan 31...."Butch called again. He came over...."

And that's just January...LOL

It gets better....I just laugh my ass off.

Oh...and who did I decide to go out with on Saturday (Gary or Butch??)

Saturday, February 1...."Went out with Butch. Went out to dinner at Gherardi's & then to Prossers and to Crockett's Lounge. Had a good time. Gary and Wilkie were at Crockett's & a couple of other guys I know."

2 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    so who was watching kenny? when i was in the same boat I never got to go out cause I never had a babysitter!
    I love old diaries!!! Make sure you always save those!

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    I had babysitters or sometimes he stayed with G'ma & G'pa. Babysitters were always paid for by my dates...there was no negotiation on that...one of the many rules..haha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter