Cherokee Rose

Sunday, April 13, 2008

SALE is my favorite word.....

Yesterday it rained all freakin' day. Today there were snow flurries and at 11:00 a.m. it was only in the 30's...degree-wise. Brinks is still with us waiting impatiently for the weather to get better. The websites say that you need to be sure that there is at least 3 days of good weather when you release a bird back into the wild. They need time to adjust before having to deal with cold, rain or bad weather. Yesterday we put Brinks outside in the cage in the rain so she can get use to it somewhat and also to get her feathers wet. She needs to waterproof her feathers and I keep forgetting to spray her with water. Anyway, she didn't last long out there before she started going nutso so hubby brought her back inside. She is so damn spoiled. She has a hissy-fit and everybody jumps to her commands.

I'm working my last day tomorrow, so Tuesday is the BIG RELEASE DAY...if the weather gets better, that is.

Today Value City at the mall near me closed for good. Personally, I rarely shopped there cause I thought it was like ghetto shopping, but I love love LOVE good sales. So they've been reducing their stuff down....30%, 40%, 50%, 60%, etc. Thursday they hit 70% off and I was buying, buying, buying. Saturday they were down to 80% and I was buying more crap I don't really need. Today the store was only open from 11-6 and I was standing at the door at 11:00 for their 90% off!!! I was throwing everything in sight in my cart....dolls, cake plates, sugar and creamers, salt n pepper shakers, pictures, clothes, odds and end drapery panels (for the material), candles, sheets, even a pair of cute shoes but the right shoe was one size and the left shoe was another...thought they might still fit! After about two hours of walking around trying to find more stuff I decided to go through what I had. I ended up putting back the cake plate (cause I don't bake cakes anyway), the matching sugar & creamer set and salt n pepper shakers cause what's the point if I don't have the cake plate....the candles, the drapery panels (cause I'm not planning on sewing anything with them anyway), another pair of shoes that turned out to be both for the left foot (unless I like walking in circles). So I kept some of the things and got everything 90% off.

They were even selling all the display racks and shelves. They had this cute wooden bench by the restrooms and I asked about it.....only $20, but decided not to buy it. Hubby would have had a fit. Mainly cause we already had one and I sold it on Craigslist.

At 5:45 I was so tempted to run back up there for some last minute deals...cause I just know everything was reduced to 95% off by then!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter