Cherokee Rose

Thursday, May 08, 2008

News Article...

This is the article that was in the hometown paper.

Rob wants to do a follow-up on his progress with pictures of his mother that I have and about reconnecting with me. That would be so cool...

We have a possible address of a man who could be his father. I am going to go there tomorrow and knock on the door and find out. I'm not sure what I'm going to say. Not even sure if anybody even lives there. The house looks pretty desolate. I drove by it today on my way home from my friend's house. She was shocked when I told her about reconnecting with Rob. She, her sister, Darlene and I were all friends back in Jr. High. The last time she saw Darlene was about the same time I last saw her. I think that's when she moved back out west. She couldn't add any more information. She never even met his father. I wish I had taken pictures at the baptism. At least I would have a picture of him. That's what Rob would love to see. I can't imagine having a father and you don't even know what he looks like.

He had really great adoptive parents and he is so grateful for them. He had a good life with them growing up on a farm in the thumb area doing his chores in the morning, etc.

It seems so strange calling him Rob.....cause I have always thought of him as Shawn all these years.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter