Cherokee Rose

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Hot...Hot....HOT.....

It has been hotter than hell this weekend...up into the 90's. The humidity must have been 100%! We've been trying to do some outdoor work this weekend and dripping in sweat while we're trying to do it. Then today we had a doozy of a storm and it sure helped cool things down a bit. I was out shopping when the storm came up. I was in Rite-Aid and all the lights went out. It was pouring rain and the wind was blowing hard and it was dark out. My windows were down and my car seats got a little soaked. I hurried up and drove home. Hubby hadn't put the patio umbrella down and I went out onto the patio and the wind literally picked it right up and blew it across the patio and it landed in a tree/bushy thing. Yesterday I swepted up the patio and got it all nice and clean and neat and now it looks like a tornado hit it...grrrrrr.

I knew a storm was coming. I always know. How do I know? Because every freaking year when my beautiful peonies are in full bloom and looking gorgeous it STORMS and ruins them...every f'ng year! It never fails. Saturday I even took pictures of them and told hubby that it will probably be storming now and they'll get ruined. So sure enough that's what happened....I just knew it...

We tore out these old scraggly bushes near our sidewalk off the driveway a while back. So now I put in some red mulch and some decorative figurines....a gnome, a mushroom, a frog and a brick that says "God Bless America". Now we decided to take out this other huge overgrown bush and just finish off the whole area. On both sides of the front door there were these two bushes and through the years they have grown and grown and hubby only trims them and doesn't cut them back so now the one bush is so growing over the sidewalk we can hardly even get to the front door. So that's the one that's going. Then we might get drastic and take out the other one on the other side and the other two half-dead bushy things and basically just start over. I wish I could call a landscaper professional and let them do it.

I went to a garage sale today and bought the neatest purse, but anyway...the guy runs his own business refacing kitchen cabinets and replacing cabinet doors. We absolutely HAVE to at least replace our doors and we have talked about it over and over. So the guy gave me a brocure and I'm going to have him come out and give us an estimate. So it was fate that I stopped by the garage sale, cause I almost didn't stop. I passed the street and decided to turn around. We had our kitchen cabinets refaced many many years ago, but through the years the doors have gotten bad and scratched up. Soon...soon...I will have new cabinet doors!!

And we have to get our driveway re-asphalted....I mean a total tear up and new asphalt poured. Our driveway is so bad. Hell, everything in this house is bad. I'm still trying to get the bathroom done. We need to get a plumber in and fix both bathroom tub faucets. Then I want to get the main bathtub reglazed. Then maybe...maybe...hubby will finish putting the molding down.

So much to do....
____________________________________________

Last night we went to the Redford festival and sat in the beer tent. We got chicken wings and a cheeseburger. But the cheeseburger was half-cooked...with way too much pink inside and mushy so I through it out. So I drank beer...lots and lots of beer!!

We had a good time.....

When I got home, I put in a video of one of my favorite movies..."Flashback". It stars Keifer Sutherland and Dennis Hopper. Hopper plays a Abby Hoffman/Jerry Rubin-type character....a rebel from the 60's basically who has been in hiding all these years. He gets caught and is being brought in by this FBI guy, Sutherland....who happens to have been raised by hippie parents and was raised in a commune as a child. But he doesn't want anybody to know this. Now he is this straight-laced FBI guy. During the trip of bringing Hopper to wherever they're going they form a kinda bond. They end up at the commune where he was raised and this hippie chick is still living there (played by Carol Kane of Taxi). I just love this movie. Actually I watched it TWICE last night! Think I got to bed sometime after 3 a.m....!!

Nite....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter