Cherokee Rose

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Yesterday....Friday the 13TH!!!!!!!!...OMG

Yesterday...(well, actually still today to me cause I haven't been to bed yet...but whatever)...I expected really bad things to happen. I almost didn't even want to get out of bed. I think I got up around 10 cause there was this great warehouse sale that I wanted to go to.

I cautiously drove to the warehouse and bought a few nice things that I really really needed. Nothing bad happened.

I went to Walgreen to get some pictures I had developed. Nothing bad happened.

I have a few things for sale on Craigslist (fuck Ebay) and a couple guys have emailed me about my replica 1956 pay phone. So I met one of them in a parking lot and we did a quick item/money exchange and....(much to my disappointment) nothing bad happened.

I drove to cheap, discount, hopefully cheaper than Walmart Aldi's and did some grocery shopping, and Nothing bad happened.

I was too afraid to cook dinner so hubby suggested we go to Sandy's for a fish dinner. I almost had a heart attack cause Hubby actually suggested that we actually go out for dinner!!, but I didn't....so nothing bad happened.

We waited in line for 30 mins but eventually got a table. There is an outside section that we preferred to sit at, and there were empty tables there....EMPTY TABLES....we asked the waitress if we could give up our long-awaited cherished table and sit outside and she had to go ask?????...we got a table outside. We ordered our fish sandwiches. His with french fries....mine with cole slaw. We got our dinner. We have eaten there many times and have ordered the fish sandwich. It ALWAYS comes with lettuce and tomato. We get our dinner. Our fish is laying on a bun....all alone.....with a little tartar sauce on the side. We get no Lettuce. We get no Tomato. So we are thinking that maybe because of the tomato scare Michigan is having, Sandy's has decided to forego the tomato/lettuce. So we eat our plain fish sandwiches. But I'm pissed.

I mention several times to hubby how awful I think it is that we can't even have lettuce and tomato any more on our fish sandwiches. I am obsessed by this thought. So when we go to leave, I decided to do some snooping. We leave the outdoor patio and perch ourselves on two barstools directly in front of the kitchen. I watch...and wait. I am waiting for an order of Fish Sandwiches. I want to see if someone else's order doesn't have tomato and lettuce. Hamburger orders...god, those burgers look good....I told Hubby I should have ordered a burger! Finally I see a fish sandwich.....and there IS LETTUCE AND TOMATO!!! I am really pissed now. So hubby tells the bartender that we want to speak to the chef himself. Okay....I don't want the chef to call the police or anything so we explain to the bartender how our fish sandwiches didn't have lettuce and tomato. He acted like he was upset about it too...and he asked us if we wanted to have some lettuce and tomato "to go". By this time, I had a few too many beers and laughed my ass off....

So that was my Friday the 13th bad thing......NO LETTUCE AND TOMATO!!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    ok I love th eflowers and yoru a nut case I didn't know you wre back you need to stop by and let a person know I read about puppy how is she and now I will go back down and catch up on a couple other posts,, my weddingrings well here is the deal my FIRST $177.00 set I have lost like 10 years ago... I bought this set from mervyns like 10 years ago,, so it is not like they are some kind of great thing well they were but not emotionaly,,, So hubby bought me a set that is beautiful that has an anivercery band just teh straight bands that I can change this silly odd configure one into and wear next to my new now wear all the time one.... glad you made it back hope puppy is ok....


    oh yeah so now do ya think you can let go of the stupid friday 13th stuff,,, heehe

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    As of right now, I am still waiting for the test results on his lymph node. I am scared.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter