Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My little "Lucky" Dog....

YES!!Lucky is very very Lucky. I finally talked to the vet and she said that the tested sample from his lymph nodes showed NO cancer! They are what they call "reactive lymph nodes". Apparently, they are swollen because they are reacting to some kind of infection/bacterial thingy. I am taking him in tomorrow for a follow-up checkup. He is still on his meds. She said that if the nodes don't go down, then they might have to do a biopsy, cause sometimes a simple aspiration of the nodes doesn't always give a correct diagnosis. But he seems fine. So he's okay. I am so relieved.....

We have been working on our front yard for the last couple days. There is this huge overgrown bush next to our front door that has overgrown right over the sidewalk. So I started cutting away, and now it is gone. It was backbreaking work, but we got it out of there. Then we laid down some landscaping bricks around the area, put in some mulch, new planters and plants....and it looks great. A major improvement.

Once I start cutting and pruning, it's like I can't stop! I went over to the side of the house, and there is crap growing everywhere and these long prickly things growing into our ground cover. So I got that all cleaned out and trimmed up. I had an entire lawn bag filled with everything I "trimmed". Hubby isn't good at pruning and trimming....he just likes everything to just grow the way it wants to, and now we were starting to get this "wild" look....everything just overgrown and not very neat and pretty at all. We still have bushes that need to come out, but I don't want to get too drastic. Take it a step at a time. Besides I have better things to do this summer than cut down bushes and re-landscrape everything. What we did today is a major improvement.

So one of us needs to get the new lawnmower up to Caseville and get the grass cut. I thought hubby was going to do it, but he still has a lot of outside work to do, so I guess I'm going to do it. He still needs to get all the "little trees" out of our gutters, for instance. I'm going to leave Thursday and be back home by Tues/Wed of next week. I have a get-together to go to on Friday, the 27th. So it will be a short trip. I'm only going to take little Mini Sue and the other two dogs can stay home. There is no room for everybody and the lawnmower in the jeep. I'm only taking Mini cause if I didn't she will pout the entire time I'm gone and then not speak to me when I get back, so I guess I'll have to take her!

I'm exhausted and every muscle in my body aches, so maybe I'll get a good night's sleep tonight....

Nite...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter