Cherokee Rose

Monday, June 30, 2008

Friday night bash....Saturday night crashed...

Friday I went to Karl's Cabin for my annual high school get-together. We had a smaller crowd this year for some reason. With the 4th of July being the following weekend we expected more people to be available and come this year. There were about 16 of us, and that included a few spouses. Sometimes we can get 25-30. Keep in mind that this get-together is for people who live in the area or are in town and want to stop in on an annual basis.

This get-together also was the first meeting of getting a committee together to start planning our next BIG reunion which will be next year. So maybe that's why alot of people stayed away...haha...who knows. I'm going to help with the door prizes and the Memoriam display as I did last year. Plus, I'll help with the mailings. Our next meeting will be in January, so hoping more people will show up and get involved.

I got home around midnight and drank more beer and watched a movie. I think I got up by noon on Saturday. I ran around on Saturday to garage sales, Target, Walmart and Home Depot. I decided to try Walmart's pharmacy. I had already decided to do some switching with my blood pressure pills. My husband thinks I should leave well enough alone, but I want to SAVE MONEY! My doctor usually gives me a prescription for a 90 day supply with a refill that I send in. The bill use to be around $60 and the last time I got a 90 day supply it cost me over $100! So I find out that the way my doctor prescribes this 2 in 1 BP pill there is no generic for it. But if he separates it and gives me two separate prescriptions, then I can get the generic. In other words, instead of a 5/40....he gives me one script for the 5, and one for the 40 in another brand which comes in a generic. I also wanted him to give me a month to month script so I don't have to mail it in. According to my prescription coverage, they will only cover a 90 day supply if it is sent in....if I go to a pharmacy on my own, then it has to be a month to month in order for them to cover the cost....WHATEVER! So I went to Walmart as I have been told that they are the cheapest around. I got a month supply for both scripts for a total of $11.50....which is like $34.50 for 3 months....a huge difference from the over $100 I was paying before.

Now hubby has the same prescription, and guess what??? He better do the same thing whether he likes it or not. I have better things to do with our money like paying freakin VET BILLS!!

Anyway, Saturday night I watched Saturday Night Live cause they aired the first ever episode from back in 1975 when George Carlin hosted. He was funny, but kept it to clean jokes. We saw him in concert way back and he was funny as hell! He'll be missed. After SNL, I crashed....

Today I didn't do much. It rained as usual. I grilled some steaks. My husband put our new faucet in and I don't like it as much as my other one, but at least it doesn't have a dent on the spout. And for some reason, the pressure is better and the water roars out....and I do mean roar cause for some reason there is this loud roaring sound when the water comes out. Hubby said he doesn't notice any difference. Yeah, right....only cause if he admitted that he hears it too, then I might insist that he put my other faucet back in...dent and all...!!

Off to bed....Ciao

2 Comments:

  • At 2:47 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    hey k I am caught up now.... glad you took the plunge the guys do not like change yep bitch about the cost,,,, rain huh send us some.

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    Yea WalMart! which one do you go to now?
    I get my meds at Rite-Aid though cause it's next-door. They price match Wal-Mart anyway.
    Just don't tell on me.. :-))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter