Cherokee Rose

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Family Visits....

I had a great time visiting with my cousin yesterday. She was my dad's cousin and lives right here in Redford not too far from me. We found each other through our geneology researching several years ago. We looked through pictures and she gave me a great picture of my great-grandmother and her family when she was about 20 yrs old or so. That is the family that lived in the house in Niagara Falls where Bill lived and I would go visit.




My great-grandmother is sitting right down in front...Annie Lovell Rood

While I was going through my own pictures to take over with me, I discovered that I simply cannot find the picture of my dad and mom taken shortly after they were married, so it's like their wedding picture. The last time I saw it was with the group of pictures I had taken to the funeral home for the display. I have a picture of the display and it is there. It is an 8"x10" and I don't even remember getting it back. I remember getting a smaller manila envelope with the pictures inside of the smaller pictures and getting a framed one back. So where is my parent's wedding photo??? I have looked everywhere. It is simply gone, and I am so heartsick over this. All I can do is keep looking and hope it is somewhere.

I know that is has been over 4 years since my mother died, but all her pictures are still sitting in this box cause I haven't been able to really go through them yet. I need to make copies of some and get them distributed to various members of the family. I need to do this. But now I can't even find the most important picture! I'm not going to stress myself out over this. I'll deal with these pictures another time....

So anyway, my cousin's daughter has a cottage on a lake only about an hour's drive from me, so I am going to drive out there for the day in a couple weeks and visit and check the area out. I hope it's a nice day and not all Michigany rainy and crappy.

Today is Saturday and I have no clue what I want to do today. I really would like to go to the Detroit Zoo and just walk around and look at the animals, but I doubt if hubby would want to go. Maybe we can just walk around the back yard and look at the birds......

Later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter