Cherokee Rose

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The fun is gone..........

I'm back from the Cheeseburger festival in Caseville. As usual it was hectic but fun. There were thousands and thousands of people there. I had trouble getting our spot for the parade so we ended up sitting at the village park which turned out to be a pretty good place to sit. Would you believe...that people were putting their chairs out in spots the day before?? By 6:00 Tuesday evening the chairs were lined up on both sides of the street. The parade didn't even start until 6:00 Wednesday! I refused to let my chairs sit there overnight so I waited until the next day and then I couldn't get my regular spot. Anyway, the parade was over 1 1/2 hours long....it gets longer and longer every year. It wasn't over until almost 8:00.

My son and his girlfriend and her daughter came Wednesday in time for the parade and stayed until Sunday. They entered her daughter in the hula hoop and limbo contests. She came close in the hula hoop but lost out to another girl. They spent a lot of time at the pool and on the beach, which gave my husband and I more time to ourselves to enjoy the festival.

One of the vendors was selling designer purses and I was looking at this Coach purse and decided to 'think about it'...we went and got a cheeseburger and when I came back another lady had just bought it!!...boo frickin' hoo!! Well, I guess with thousands of people looking at things, ya better jump on things fast...no time to 'think about it'.
____________________________________________

Tuesday I went to the condo and noticed that the wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling away and I thought maybe it was from the showers being taken, so I bought some adhesive stuff and was gonna try and paste it back on. Then I noticed that it peeled off more and the wall behind it was bubbled and everything was WET! I got my husband to look at it and he said that something must be leaking from the toilet in the condo above ours. So I had to go into the office and have them tell the maintenance men to check the condo above ours. They did and sure enough, the toilet was leaking there. So now we have a wall and paper to try and fix. I left on Wednesday. Hubby said he did a temporary fix after I left cause the wall is still wet. Another thing for us to do!!
______________________________________________

So I came home on Wednesday and hubby got home today (Thursday) cause he had to give the grass one more cut and fix that wallpaper.

My army son and his family got here last Saturday and did their own thing until we could get home. Not too much collateral damage. The turn thing on my horizontal blinds in the family room is broken....my ceramic cat in my living room is broken....and when I got home they were gone somewhere and had the doors locked and when I went in, the DRYER WAS RUNNING! Good God....don't EVER EVER leave a dryer running when you aren't home!!! Especially MY dryer cause I have a very unstable vent system going on....and with a gas dryer. Whatever....I didn't say anything.

I didn't make a fuss over the blind thingy...I'm hoping hubby can fix it. No big deal about the ceramic cat cause it's just something I picked up at a garage sale.

We were having a good time...having a few beers....son gave me some nice 'army' gifts and showed me what he got his dad. I gave him a little hell for still doing his skateboarding thing after he broke his ankle badly and he is just starting his physical therapy for it. He still is limping on it. He had two scars on both sides of his ankle and a plate and pins in it. When he broke it, the bone shattered and his foot was twisted sideways. IT was a very bad break. But he is still skateboarding!! So I gave him some "mother" hell about it. Guess he didn't like that.

Then it was time to put the kids to bed. They basically just let the kids go to bed whenever they want to. It's not unusal for them to still be up at midnight. I don't think they even wear pajamas. Jayden is over 4 years old and he is still peeing in his pull-ups. Anyway, so it's almost 10:00 and I want them in bed, and they are going to put a movie (Camp Rock) in some DVD thing for them to watch. I got on their case about it. I told them that kids should simply go to bed....a story, then lights out. There is no reason for them to be watching a movie at 10:00 at night. I guess they figure it helps put them to sleep. So I simply said to my son....and I quote my exact words...."Fine...but all I'm saying is that when I'm ready to go to bed it better be fuckin' quiet and I'm not listening to some movie playing."....

Well the total shit hit the fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My son got totally enraged and told Michelle to pack up the kids and they are going someplace else to stay. Apparently, her other son's father (her oldest son lives with his father) was going to be camping and had told them they could stay there while he was gone if they wanted to. So they packed up the kids and crap and left and went to Waterford. They are still there. Michelle has called me a couple times. She feels bad. She wants to be here. She said that I didn't say anything wrong, but my son flares up at stupid stuff all the time and she puts up with it. She might try and get the car and bring the kids here tomorrow.

My husband came home today and still has not seen our son. Apparently, he said that he is going to go back to North Carolina and if we want to see him then we can drive down there......yeah...like when hell freezes over!!!

Hey...I'm not use to having kids around. And I believe that kids should have a decent bedtime hour and they simply 'GO TO FREAKING BED'!!! They don't watch movies and play games after 10:00....at least not in MY house. I told him that they can do what they want at their own house, but in my house, they go to bed when I tell them to......Whatever....

I am so freakin pissed off right now I could scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how was your day??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter