Cherokee Rose

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Saturday on the Lake....

Yesterday I drove out to my cousin's cottage on the lake. It think the lake is called Lake Lobdell, and it's near Fenton which is only an hour's drive for me. Well, it would be an hour's drive if it wasn't for ROAD CONSTRUCTION. I was doing pretty good with the directions and I'm flying down 23 and then I saw a sign saying that the left lane was going to be closed up ahead. Then all traffic stopped....cars creeping at a snails pace...sometimes just sitting there going nowhere. And of course I need to pee....so I'm looking at the bushes along the road. I'm starting to panic when I noticed some cars driving on the shoulder. I move over and that's when I saw my exit just up ahead...whew!! I was so happppppppy!!

They have been vacationing up there for a long time and have owned the cottage for 9 years. Their friends own the cottage next door. They have jet ski's, a canoe, a kayak, a paddle boat and a pontoon. The weather was a bit windy and the sun was going in and out all day, so we mainly just did the pontoon. We all went for a ride around the lake. I couldn't believe how big this lake is. I wish I had known about this place a long time ago and we could have bought something right on the water years ago.

She has a really nice cottage with a big deck that is right on the water.....



....and a view of the water from her deck.....



....and here's a picture of the lake....




Her neighbors in the cottage next door are friends so we ended up eating on their deck and mingling and talking and just enjoying what turned out to be a really nice day. The neighbors have two dogs and I didn't get a chance to take their picture because my camera started messing up and I gave up on it. Stupid camera!

I'm gonna have to get my hubby to go up there and check this place out cause it is so much closer than Caseville and there is so much you can do on the lake there. Well, I can dream anyway.....

THANK YOU DOROTHY AND SANDY!!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    Hey I was just there today! We went to Linden and drove right by that lake! It's such a gorgeous place!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter