Cherokee Rose

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saturday Update....

Lucky is somewhat better today because of that steroid shot the vet gave him. She said it would make him feel better (not GET better). He is eating and drinking water and trying to walk around a little bit. He is still very weak and walks unsteadily with his tail down. He has no spark in his eyes. He looks very sick. Today when I came home from somewhere he even walked to the door to greet me. He looks so sad though. He looks at me like he is saying "I'm trying to get better mom...I'm trying so hard."

I am so afraid that once the steroid shot wears off, he will go downhill again. I don't like the way the vet said "it will get him through the weekend at least". I know that because of the holiday they won't be open until Tuesday and I think she is trying to help him hang in there until Tuesday. And to help us adjust to the situation before we really need to start handling things. Today I started his meds and he took them okay with some food. If he can stay a little strong so he can get his meds down, then maybe the Prednizone on Tuesday will really help him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter