Cherokee Rose

Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day....

Lucky is holding his own over the weekend. He has responded well to that steroid shot he got and is now eating, drinking and taking his meds. But he is far from being back 100% healthy. There is still something not right. I don't know. Maybe it's the medication he's taking. But he's not like he usually is. When he has been sick before and he starts getting shots and medication, he bounces right back after a couple of days and he's back to being his old self. Not this time. He is still very weak and almost like in a zombie-state. He walks slowly with his tail down. He won't bark. He eats and drinks water and goes outside but most of the time he just wants to lay down on his side and either sleep or just stare. He is not doing the things he normally does.

When my other dog, Mini Sue, thinks she hears or sees something outside, she runs out the back door yipping and barking her head off and Lucky is usually right behind her barking even louder. Now when she does that, he just lays there. He doesn't even raise his head....no response at all. There is no personality. No spark in his eyes. When he was outside today and was walking to come back into the house, he stopped at the door and just laid there. Kinda like he wasn't sure if he could make the one step up. When he did come in, he stumbled on the one step.

But then a weird thing happened. I slept on the couch last night watching the MDA Telethon. We have a two-piece sectional corner couch. I was laying on one side and when I woke up during the night Lucky was laying next to me on the other part of the couch. I assumed that my husband put him there. So I asked him about it in the morning and he said he didn't put Lucky on the couch. Which means that Lucky must have jumped up on the couch by himself. First of all, Lucky NEVER or at least rarely sleeps on the family room couch....and he is weak and can barely step up one step to get into the house...so how could he have jumped up on the couch? I'm glad if he did...which means he's not as weak as he seems to be though.

Anyway, he is doing better but just not his old self at all. Tomorrow I'll talk to the vet and ask if maybe it's the meds doing that. And I'll find out if she still wants to put him on Prednizone. I need to find out if he is going to get 100% better or if this is the way he may always be for now on. It's almost like he might have had a stroke or something when he had that high fever. He's just acting really strange....but at least he's alive!!
___________________________________________

I got this recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Burgers and I cooked a couple of them on the grill and they were really good. Basically, you use lean ground beef, chopped up pepperoni, chopped up olives, italian bread crumbs, egg and pizza sauce. Then you grill them, put the buns on the grill, put some pizza sauce on the buns and top the burger with Provolone cheese. Yummmmmmmy!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:16 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I so hope Lucky will be alright I know I ma late...... I know how hard it is when your baby is sick. hang in there,, I WILL BE THERE NEXT JUNE!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter