Cherokee Rose

Friday, September 05, 2008

Lucky Update....and floors....

Lucky is so lucky! The vet says he is still not "out of the woods" yet but he's getting there hopefully. Last Tuesday I decided to skip his meds for a day cause for one thing I thought maybe he might be starting his Prednizone and wasn't sure if I should give him his other two meds until I talked to the vet. Also, I wanted to see if he would be more alert and less zombie-like if he wasn't on the meds. So first I went to the vet but his doctor wasn't in and wasn't coming in until Thursday. So I left her a note asking if we are still going to be starting him on Prednizone and I told her about that he's eating and drinking but just isn't his old self. By Tuesday night (after no meds)I could tell that he was more alert and even barking for his food! I gave him one of his pills Tuesday night and then proceeded Wednesday with his meds as usual. Then I could see how he was sleeping more and less active once on the meds again. But there is a definite improvement as each day goes by. Today he is almost 100% his old self....still a little weak and not running around like he usually does; but he goes up stairs, jumps up on the couch and barks, etc.

Thursday the vet called and told me to stop in and pick up his Prednizone and start giving it to him. I got a 2 month supply of pills. He takes the antibiotics another 4 days then it's just the Prednizone. So we'll see how he is once he is off the antibiotics. Since May he has been sick on and off...he gets meds but once he's off the meds he gets sick again...then back to the vet, more meds, he's better, then off the meds, then sick again. So we'll see how he is once he is off the antibiotics again. Hopefully, with the Prednizone treatment he will be okay this time.
________________________________________

Okay....on to other things.

I decided to get rid of all my carpet upstairs and go with my hardwood floors. The carpet up there is over 20 years old and smells like dog!....so it's out of here...Actually we couldn't even remember what was under the carpets. I knew we had hardwood floors downstairs but wasn't sure about the upstairs, so I was surprised and ecstatic when I pulled the carpet up and saw the hardwood floor underneath!

Last week I started ripping out the carpet in the office/computer room. It's the room that use to be my middle son's bedroom years ago. We moved my computer out of the room about a year ago into the room I'm in now so my husband could paint....then Brinks moved in and was using the room. So now I'm working on the room and I'll be moving my computer back into it once it's done.

So anyway, I ripped out the carpet and pad...pulled up all the strips and tacks and cleaned it with Murphy Oil soap and this wood shine stuff and it looks really great now. Originally, we thought we would have all the floors sanded and restained. Our neighbor does that so we had him over to give us an estimate. It was going to cost us an average of $300 a room (3 rooms and a hall) plus another $300 for him to handsand the stairs. I figured it was going to cost us $1500...and since I am planning on putting in large area rugs I figured why spend all that money to sand the floors if I'm just going to cover most of it with an area rug anyway! So I decided to redo them myself the best I can and so far the one room I did looks really really good. So I bought 3 big (8'x10') area rugs for the 3 bedrooms. I'm not sure what I am going to do with the hall and stairs. I might decide to have them recarpeted.

Anyway, the one room is done and my husband now has to put the shoe molding down. Then he can finally put my computer desk together. It's been sitting in two boxes for the last 5 years, and my computer has been sitting on a card table since I bought the damn thing back in 2000! I can't wait to get my computer room the way I want it. I have all this TV/Movie/Music memorabilia that I am going to put on the walls. Yesterday I just bought this clock that is made from an old 45 record.

I'm going to Caseville next week and when I get back I am going to start on the other bedroom. It may take me awhile to get the whole upstairs done but it will be worth it.

And I am very proud of myself cause the floor looks so good and I did it ALLLLLL by myself. So far hubby has done nothing except tie the old carpet pieces up and put everything out in the trash. So his job is to do the molding at least. Maybe I can get him to kinda help me out a little with the other rooms so we can get it done faster.
___________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter