Cherokee Rose

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hospital update

Well, they are going to keep my husband for another night. They are running more tests and want to do another chest x-ray tomorrow morning.

The doctor was there when I was there this morning. He said that sometimes when a patient is under anesthesia they can sometimes inhale some saliva into their lungs and an infection can take place. He thinks that is what is going on. The chest x-ray they did last night didn't show anything...so they want to do another one. Sometimes it takes a while for it to show up on x-ray. They did more blood work to try and determine what strain infection it is so they can give him the proper antibiotics. Right now he is being given a strong antibiotic in the meantime. He now also has diahrrea...but probably from all the meds they are giving him. He has no appetite. His temp is down to 100 so that's under some control.

I guess I will really be spending my anniversary in the hospital with him. Tonight I will go down to the cafeteria and take some dinner up to his room and we can eat there.

My anniversary present is for him to get well!!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    Aw sheesh i'm sorry.
    I hope Jerry is feeling better soon!
    Hang in there and don't get run down hanging in the hospital, drink lots of water. It's easy to forget to take care of yourself when you are being the caregiver.
    You'll both be in my thoughts!

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    omg I am sad now.I want him better and u at home drinking a beer stress free!I miss u guys and its worse cause I did not even get to see Jerry:(

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    update update update??
    How's Jerry????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter