Cherokee Rose

Sunday, September 21, 2008

My husband is still in the hospital. He's doing much better, and I'm hoping he will be home in the next couple days. His potassium is down so they are trying to build it back up. Apparently, he has what is referred to as "C Diff"...short for something I can't pronounce or spell. It basically is a hospital-acquired infection that is very similar to a staph infection. It invades the colon and that is why he has very bad diahrrea. They have him in a private room because it can be transferred very easily to other patients or visitors. They have a sign by his door suggesting that you put on a gown and wear gloves before entering the room. I sometimes put gloves on. He's eating a little bit but because of nausea and upset stomach he doesn't eat much.

I know he got this from the surgery he had on Monday....I've been reading articles about this infection and patients get it in hospitals and nursing homes, etc. I guess this bacteria resists a lot of anti-biotics and can live on a surface for months. It is very difficult to get rid of. Some people have died form it. So I'm glad that I got my husband to the emergency room as soon as I knew something was wrong. I think he is on the road to recovery but it may be awhile before he is completely well.

So now on top of everything else, I just broke a back tooth tonight...and I have no dental insurance now. What else can go wrong?????

I'm stressed............

4 Comments:

  • At 5:10 AM, Blogger Roy said…

    HAVE A LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR ALL THE INFO YOU NEED RE C.DIFF.
    Its not the "tummy bug" that some Drs would suggest
    It is a realy nasty infection that need the right treatment and PRECAUTIONS need to be taken to prevent him reinfecting hisself.
    Visit
    cdiffsupport.com

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    prayers hang in there

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    Thank you Roy for the website! I'm making copies of a lot of info there for my husband to read when he gets home.

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey go to a place called Super teeth.They do everything for 88 bucks..includes everything...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter