Cherokee Rose

Monday, October 20, 2008

Remembering Pepper




Pepper passed away today at approximately 4:20 this afternoon. We took her to our vet where she died very peacefully. Her condition had deteriated today to the point where her muscles were already cramping and stiffening up. She was wrapped in her blanket and I had a picture of her and her dad (my army son) taken her first Christmas back in 1993 propped up in front of her so she could see her dad.

I remember when Pepper was a puppy and she came to our house the very first time. I have a picture of my husband holding her. She was about 2 months old in June, 1993.

I remember Pepper coming to our house for Christmas dressed up in a Santa outfit.

I remember Pepper coming another Christmas with reindeer antlers on her head.

I remember Pepper getting excited when she would see "her" stocking.

I remember Pepper playing with Casey....who died before we got Lucky.

I told Pepper in those last few moments that she will be going to the "Rainbow Bridge" and she will be seeing Casey again. Casey will be excited to see her.

I remember when Pepper tore her stomach with a nail and had to have surgery.

I remember when she was a very young puppy she became very ill. My son took her to a vet where the vet told him that she had Parvo and that there was nothing he could do and that my son should have her put to sleep. My son was devastated and didn't want to believe it. So he took her to the Humane Society for a second opinion and to see if there was anything they could do. They told him that she did NOT have parvo. They gave him some antibiotics to give her....she recuperated...and lived another 15 years!!!

Thank you Pepper for those 15 1/2 years. You were a good girl. You were a devoted companion.

We love you.....and will always miss you.


2 Comments:

  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    Awww I'm sorry.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It so sad shes gone:( I loved the tribute you paid to her and her picture.I thank u and Jerry for having her.She was a good dog that loved everyone...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter