Cherokee Rose

Friday, October 10, 2008

What's with my blog??....and apples...

I'm back from Caseville and went into my blog and shit is missing...like where are the links for images??, and how do I type in bold print??? All that is showing is something called Enclosures with, "URL...and MIME Type"...whatever the hell that is.

Christ,...I so HATE when people mess with my stuff. Where is my regular usual blog PAGE??????

How do I post pictures now????
_________________________

Anyway, I got back from Caseville Wednesay. I got my lawn cut....3 times...cause it was so freaking long that I had to first cut it in the highest mower setting...then dropped it down a couple notches and cut it again. Then I dropped it down more and cut it again before I left. I dug out some old flowers and put away some summery outdoor things, and I hung up my fall/halloween things. I got my scarecrow propped up in the flower garden with a pumpkin sitting nest to him. Would post a pic, but don't HAVE A FU**ING CLUE HOW TO POST PICS NOW THAT MY BLOG IS F***ED UP!!

I met up with my friend Tuesday night at the Eagles; then I went to Bingo Wednesday with my neighbor and didn't win anything. My other friend stopped over with her granddaughter that she had for the week. She drove to Ohio and picked her up and brought her back to Pigeon for a week or so. Must be nice....to be able to see your grandchildren once in awhile. I wouldn't know...

I went to Port Austin for the farmer's market and bought 4 pecks of Honey Crisp apples that everybody waits and waits for every year. They are only for sale a very short time and they are the best apples ever. Until this year....

So I buy 4-1/2 pecks at $6.50 each. On the way home I bite into an apple anticipating the sweet crispy taste of a true Honey Crisp apple and...YUCK...it tasted soury/tarty and not like a honey crisp should taste. My neighbors were complaining of them this year....my friend in Pigeon complained and even called the orchard she bought them from. I went to two other different places and bought more...and they were too tarty tasting....NOT honey crisp.

I came home and went to the produce market and bought more, some from Washington variety and some from Michigan variety....determined to find a true Honey Crisp apple. I cut up 3 different ones on a plate and made my husband take the "honey crisp apple" challenge. We ate one and then the other and then the third. Of course, the one he liked the best is the worst....husbands, whatthehelldotheyknow! I came to the conclusion that of all the different ones I bought (5 in all), the original ones I bought at the Port Austin farmer's market was probably the best afterall.

So now I have all these damn apples.

So I decided to make a pie.

I haven't made a pie is probably 20 years...

(I buy them...I don't actually MAKE them)

But I have all these damn apples...that taste tarty...

So I made a pie and added alot of sugar and cinnamon...

(Okay, I bought pre-made crusts....I don't have time to figure out how to make crusts!)

As they say about lemons..."out of lemons you can make lemonade"....I can say about these apples..."out of soury/tarty apples, you can make apple pie".

It's the best damn apple pie we've ever had....

3 Comments:

  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Happy Housewife said…

    Oh crust is easy-peasy!
    Flour, lard, salt and water!

    I just made one the other day.

    I love honey Crisp apples and i never find them!

    I don't know why your blog template is screwed up. Mine isn't.

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    make sause and butter oh man I MISS doing that,,,, glad you made it back home and have you seen what I got now???? Hubby is leaving for there on Saturday I CAN'T WAIT

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Is YATS cider mill still there???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter