Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One Lucky Mouse....and Unlucky Lucky

Yahhhhhh! My blog is finally back to normal. Yesterday I couldn't even get into it at all, so something was wrong and I guess they fixed it.

Funny news:

Last night was another one of my bad nights I've been having and I couldn't sleep. I have had a continuing sinus headache for weeks now and my ears have been ringing probably from these new blood pressure pills I'm on. Then when I can't sleep I get edgy and nervous and then I'm really shot. My mother had the same problem. Her insomnia drove her crazy sometimes. She had prescription sleeping pills she would take on occasion and something called "Nervine" that I don't think they even make anymore. Last night I took some antihistimine but it didn't work. /

Anywaysssss....finally about 2:30 a.m. or so I am hungry and decide to go downstairs to get some crackers. When I'm in the kitchen I hear something rattling in the utility room......MOUSE!! So I snuck up to the door, turned on the light and opened it. My husband has this new mouse trap where the mouse goes inside to eat the treat and it shuts on them so then we can let him outside later. Well, I don't like this new one cause one night it caught 3 mice and over the night the two mice killed the other one and we ended up with 2 live and 1 dead mouse. I told my husband to not put the trap out at night while we're sleeping....only when we are awake so we can check it. Well it was out and a mouse had gotten stuck in it. I mean literally stuck! Apparently, he went inside too slow and the thing shut before he was completely in. So here he is half in and half out....his back legs, tail and butt were outside the opening and his head and body was inside. He was struggling trying to free himself. Poor little guy! I picked it up and looked at him and he looked at me with those little beady pleading eyes saying "help me...help me!"

I took it outside on the patio and tried to figure out how the damn thing worked. I finally pushed on the bar that was holding him down and it moved and freed him. He scooted away, jumped down on the grass and flew like the wind across the yard. He didn't even look back and say "Thanks!"....ingrate...
_____________________________

Bummer News:

Lucky is sick again. It has only been 5 days since he took the last of the antibiotics that seem to work. Tonight he wouldn't eat his dinner, and he is running a temperature again and just wants to lay under the couch. I gave him a small part of an aspirin and I went to the store and bought some baby aspirin. He did take his prednisone with some cheese, but he looks really sick again. Tomorrow I'll take him to the vet again and start over again. The new antibiotics that is strictly for the colon must be working because he doesn't have the diarrhea YET, but the fever is back. He either has to stay on the amoxicillan forever or try a different antibiotic. The vet had suggested Flagyl, so maybe we can try that one. It's a stronger antibiotic. I know that the meds will only work to a point and then even they won't work anymore and we will have to make a decision. I am so bummed. I was hoping that this time he would stay in a remission from all this for awhile and that the new meds would work.

The thing is is that when he is on the amoxi he is fine...his old self...he eats, plays, barks, all normal. But then he gets sick again when the pills run out. I am so depressed about this. No wonder I can't sleep. Tonight I'm going to sleep on the couch with him.

Tomorrow I have some guy coming to the house to give us a quote on new cabinet doors in our kitchen, so I have to be home by 1:00, so I'm going to bed early so I can get up early so I can get Lucky to the vet early.

And I am NOT an early person.....

Lucky needs thoughts and prayers again....

1 Comments:

  • At 12:45 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    wow prayers and I am catching up backwards,,, mouse loose are you nuts!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter