Cherokee Rose

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Saturday.....

I know, it's actually Sunday but I'm posting about my Saturday. I got up early and went to a rummage sale(just can't resist them)and bought a few things. Mainly I bought this really cute Fall/Halloween bear for a buck.

I decided to make my bread and butter pickles. I had bought a batch of pickling cucumbers last week and didn't get around to them for a few days. By then, they were all going bad and I had to throw them all out!...waste of money. So I bought another batch and knew I had to get them made immediately. I made 7 pints and 4 half pints. They look like they came out really good although I haven't tasted them yet....but the color is right.

Then I decided to make a couple loaves of zucchini bread. My girlfriend up in the Caseville area gave me tons of zucchini from her garden. I grated some of them, cubed some of them, sliced some of them and froze everything. We've been eating a lot of zucchini! Anyway, I thought a couple loaves of zuccini bread would be tasty and yummy for a change.

Then I figured as long as I'm still in the kitchen I may as well make another batch of hamburger/rice for Lucky. BTW, Lucky is doing great now that he is back on his "magic pills". It's amazing what a difference they make. He is back to being his old self. I have a months supply with refills. He will stay on them until they don't work anymore, and then maybe there is another "magic pill" he can take. As long as he has quality of life, I will keep him on the pills.

Pepper....the older army son's dog....however, is not doing very well. She has been peeing and pooping more in her bed lately. Then the last few days she has been heaving up everything she eats. Saturday she can't stand up very well. Her back legs just don't want to work. I've been carrying her outside and helping her stand up to pee.

Today she seems worse and is just laying there with no strength left in her poor old body (15 1/2 years). I am going to call my son/daughter-in-law later and let them know what is going on. I will probably take her to the vet tomorrow.

I'm going to the pet store to buy some of those puppy pads to put under her so she doesn't soil her bed.

Very depressing around here....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter