Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Had a GREAT two weeks....

I just got back from Caseville today. I got a lot done and did a lot and had a good time. My son and his girlfriend were there when I got there and they had the barbeque going and grilling chicken so that was nice. They left on Thursday and I spent the day getting my lawn cut and cleaning things up outside and putting some of my summery garden/lawn things away.

Friday was a great day. My godson and his fiance came over! They got there about 4:00 and stayed until close to midnight. We had a great time. They took me out to eat at the Riverside Roadhouse, then we came back to my place and talked and looked at pictures. He had alot of pictures on his laptop to show me. And we took some pictures of us. I'll have to post when I get them downloaded. I can't believe he is the same baby I held in my arms when I was 16 when he was being baptized, and the same little boy I use to go see and play with. Now he is all grown up with a family of his own. The state of Wyoming is a beautiful state as his pictures of the mountains show. He also lives near when the Battle of the Big Horn occurred and he had pictures of it. He is now back in Wyoming and I have since talked to him on the phone. He is writing a book about his life and his search for his biological mother and father in a somewhat part fact/part fiction way, using different names. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Then Saturday I went to Port Austin and saw a play at the Port Austin Playhouse...."The Little Shop of Horrors". I love plays! It was pretty good...and a musical.

Sunday I went to the show and saw "Beverly Hills Chihuahua"...AGAIN! I just love that movie. I can't wait to get it on DVD.

My husband didn't get up there until Thursday. So Friday was Halloween and we went to the Eagles. I wore a halloween shirt with a spiderly necklace and rings and spider tattoos on my hands....scary....heehee. We met my girlfriend there and we sat around and talked and drank pitchers of beer.

Saturday was the Holly Berry Fair, so I met my other girlfriend in town and we hit the craft shows....3 in all. We took a break and got lunch at the Bay Cafe and then back to the school to finish our craft show browsing. I bought a few things.

Sunday I went to the show and saw "MAMA MIA" with Meryl Streep. It's a musical and pretty good. The words to all the songs are on the bottom of the screen, I guess so people in the audience can sing along. But nobody sang. A cute storyline anyway.

So now it's Tuesday and I'm back home. My yard is FULL of leaves. So I already started on getting them up. Hopefully, hubby will be home in a couple days and he can help me. He has this blower thing that blows them in piles which makes it easier for me to pick up...not as much raking to do that way.

Right now I'm watching the election. Don't care who wins.



1 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger outdoorgriller said…

    I love grilling.If you want more recipes or if you want to take a look at the collection of tips I have for grilling you can visit www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter