Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Home...

Yes...I'm home, I'm home, I'm home!! I can take just so much of Caseville in the winter up there. I drove back yesterday and hubby drove home today. We had a really, really nice Thanksgiving. I cooked up a small turkey with stuffing, and everything else that goes along with Thanksgiving. I probably had way too much food. I even made an apple pie with some apples I still had up there, and I made a pumpkin cake...and I also bought a pumpkin pie. Everything was so yummy, I ate and ate way too much.

The Friday after Thanksgiving I am in the mood to shop and shop but it is just too far to drive to any malls or anywhere where there are any decent stores; so I ended up driving to Bad Axe and hit K-Mart and Walmart...the only big stores. I missed all the morning rush, so things were calm and not crazy when I got there in the afternoon. But I'm assuming that things aren't all that crazy in those stores as opposed to the stores here in the city. Anyway, I bought a video camera at K-Mart. Then when I got it home, I couldn't get it to film very well in low light like my living room in the evening. I was bummed, so I drive all the way back to Bad Axe the next day to return it. The clerk explained a few things I could adjust to get the camera to film in low light. These things are so damn complicated. I just want to point and shoot...not try and figure out how to film each shot with all these features in the menu, etc. So I drive back to C'Ville and tried again. Still it was useless in low light and I couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to...and I couldn't even delete the bad videos from the disk. So the next day I drive all the way back to Bad Axe again and just got a refund. What a pain. It's over an hour driving time round trip just to go to KMart! Waste of gas...

So now I'm back to civilization and last night I was at Kohl's shopping at almost midnight...Kohl's is only less than 10 mins away....Everything is less than 10 mins from my house. In Caseville, I'd have to drive to Saginaw just to go to Kohl's and that's a three hour round trip!

Before I left Caseville, I put out all my snowmen and santas and Xmasy stuff. We'll be doing Christmas here this year, but I'm hoping to go up there for New Years.

I'm gonna start decorating my house this week. I can't wait to get my stuff up. I'm trying really hard to get into the holiday spirit this year. I miss Lucky so much. Sometimes I think I hear him barking...or scratching on the back door. It's just so sad that he won't be here for Christmas this year.

My godson sent me the pictures he took when he was in Caseville visiting. He took a really great shot of me and Lucky and Mini Sue. I look at the picture and he looks so healthy and happy. It's hard to believe that only a little over 2 weeks later he would be gone. I'll have to scan the pic and post it....

Ciao...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter