Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday going on Thursday....

Today my husband had jury duty. He got picked for jury selection near the end of the day, so tomorrow he has to go back down there to continue with the jury selection. He's hoping he gets excused. So am I. He said that this trial will be at least two weeks. With Thanksgiving coming up, and we have to get up to Caseville to finish up the yard work and with Lucky's condition, this is simply not a good time to be spending two weeks on a freaking jury!

He said it's a bad case anyway. It's some 15 year old boy who shot a gang member when he was 14 and the case is now going to trial. They say it was premeditated. A white kid....would you believe? He said that one of the women was crying over it. It would be a hard case to listen to. So he's going back tomorrow and I'm sure he will be excused. He said that one of the questions they are asking jurors is if there are any lawyers in the family. His cousin is a detroit prosecutor, so that should get him off....besides the fact that our son is with the Detroit police department and there will be several police witnesses for the case.

Lucky is hanging in there. He goes outside to do his business; he eats some; and drinks his water. But today he can't keep anything down. I've been feeding him small portions of food and he seems to want it, but then later it all comes up. I'm just hoping that his meds are staying down. Maybe it is this new pill that is causing the vomiting. He walks so slow and looks so sad. There is no brightness in his eyes anymore....no spark. When my husband came home after jury duty, he did bark though. I want to get out my old recorder and record him barking. I better do it while he can still bark.

Tomorrow I'm having my upstairs hall and stairs carpeted. I was hoping hubby would be here. I hate being here when there are guys working in the house. Anyway, I'll be glad to get it done and it will look so nice and smell nice and feel nice. And maybe that hollow echoey feeling will go away. My husband says that when I'm upstairs and I blow my nose, it sounds louder like a train whistle going through the house!!...hahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter