Cherokee Rose

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back to life at home.....

I finally got back home today. Well, actually I got back Wednesday and since it is now after midnight Wednesday is technically yesterday. But anyway, I drove home Wednesday. I spent two weeks in Caseville and all it did was snow, snow, snow. And the temps were below 0 at one point. I was driving back from Bad Axe one night and the temperature actually read -8. And I had NO HEAT!

I had went to Bay City earlier and noticed that I was still cold in the car even when I got there which is about an hour's drive. The car just wasn't warming up much. I figured that maybe my heater or thermostat wasn't working very well in the low temps we were having. Then I went to Bad Axe and had no heat at all. By the time I got home, my fingers and toes were almost frozen. I had to run my hands under warm water to get them to thaw. But I noticed that if I left the car idling, then the temperature gage worked and the car would warm up....but once I drove the car the temp gage stopped working and no heat again. Weird....

Hubby says it's the thermostat.

Hubby and Mini Sue got up there last Friday. Then we went up to the Eagles for dinner but was back by 8:00 so I could watch "Ghostwhisperers". Last Saturday was terrible weather. I had made another trip to Bad Axe to return stuff and by the time I got home the snow was blowing and there was so much snow on the roads I could hardly see the lines in the road to drive. So I got a couple movies and we stayed home and watched movies.

Last Wednesday I went to the Eagles and played Bingo with my neighbor and I won the jackpot and won $200!!! That's the second time in my life that I won the jackpot...last time was a long time ago and I won $300. Also when I was up at the Eagles with my friend playing those tear-off tickets I won $30, and I won the 50/50 at the Eagles meeting. So I had a pretty lucky week. I played some lotto numbers with the money but didn't win a dime...guess my luck is over with now.

Hubby and Mini Sue are still in Caseville. They'll probably be back after the weekend. Friday I'm going to a HS reunion meeting. Our reunion is set for next September and I'm on the committee so we'll be having meetings more frequently so we can get things organized. I think we're getting the first mailings out this meeting. I hope we get a good response and turnout.

Of course, I watched the Inauguration events all day/night Tuesday. It's pretty exciting and I'm hoping that our new administration will start getting things straightened out. But that's another subject....

I'm home all by myself, but I keep thinking I hear a dog barking downstairs....strange

It's after 2:30 and I suppose I should get to bed.....

night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter